What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Crashtest

Juniors
I think it might be best if he leaves. Nathan is at the stage where he doesn't need a 800+k halves partner

The team culture would take a hit as well if he left. In my opinion the club still needs what he brings off the field, as well as on.

Even stoic Ivan calls him the club CEO, Chief Energy Officer. Nathan, Yeo, JFH, Edwards, Leota are all great role models for younger players, but all have reserved personalities. The club needs the Luai's and To'o's to add to that.

Crashtest

Juniors
I absolutely hope I am wrong but I got the vibe from Luai’s body language and facial expressions in the celebrations immediately post match that, with us having won, he has made the decision to leave and take big money elsewhere. Did anyone else notice the same thing?

Hopefully things like this from Nathan helps Luai decide to stay:

It took just seconds after the full-time whistle for halves partner and great mate Nathan Cleary to get in his ear with a pitch to stay, but the halfback knows Luai is the only one who can make the call.

“I said to him straight away, I said ‘let’s keep going, it’s just the beginning’ and I gave him a big hug,” Cleary said after he claimed his second Clive Churchill Medal.

“At the end of the day it’s his decision so I don’t want to try to sway him. He’s got to do what’s best for his family, but he knows I want to play alongside him for the rest of my career.”

I absolutely hope I am wrong but I got the vibe from Luai’s body language and facial expressions in the celebrations immediately post match that, with us having won, he has made the decision to leave and take big money elsewhere. Did anyone else notice the same thing?
I think the same

kinghippo

Juniors
With luai I have to wonder where the big money is.
Dogs is the only place I can see him landing but surely their cap isn’t sitting to pretty either.

Tigers, dragons (yuck) ?
Dolphins?
Canberra?
Warriors?
Sharks?

I just can’t see it

Munky

Coach
With luai I have to wonder where the big money is.
Dogs is the only place I can see him landing but surely their cap isn’t sitting to pretty either.

Tigers, dragons (yuck) ?
Dolphins?
Canberra?
Warriors?
Sharks?

I just can’t see it

The pinnacle may medically retire Keary.

He can then car pool with Spencer.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Nope. He looked like he was in pain

Whino

Bench
While I think we can cover Luai positional wise there is one area we can't. His Energy.
He is the energy of the team on and off the field. He feeds off the boys and the community, and is our spark.
He is a better version of Josh Reynolds. If he was to leave I think he would struggle.Like Reynolds did.
Not being at a great club with great structures. Not having the club connections and the community to fire him up.
Luai is Penrith and Penrith is Luai.

murraymob

Coach
Nathan did a Tik Tok dance with a couple of young ladies during a very controversial time and the haters treated him like an axe murderer.

Walsh gets caught with drugs and becomes the poster boy for the entire game.

How quickly the media forgives someone when they can do the NRL'S promotional work and look good.

Tall poppy syndrome for Nathan and martyrdom for Walsh. Bemusing isn't it.
It’s not that they forget the broncos and the media have the same owner

Latest posts