What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
He didn’t have Kiks but Sorro went alright in that edge; he looked plenty dangerous running off Luai.

I thought Luai was pretty good in the middle part of the season. The start was admittedly down on his high standards (with the ball) but the whole team looked disjointed at that point (albeit I do concede that as a half, Jarome (alongside Nathan) should take more of the criticism for that) and he was injured for the last big of the season. But in the middle he was good.

I personally think his skills and physical attributes have probably peaked, and will go on a slow decline for the rest of his career. His ability to maintain and even enhance his effectiveness will be down to the role he plays and therefore coaching. I really thought that in the Prelim he looked awesome, particularly in his combination with Nathan as they were switching roles and sides. Cogger also did that during his stints in the side, so it was obviously a coaching thing. And I thought it was great for all the players involved; allowed Luai to play straight and Nathan more time with the ball.

Obviously not Luai’s best game in the GF, he did look to be carrying that arm in a way he didn’t in his comeback.

But at the end of the day, if Luai has played his best footy and even if he didnt lace up a boot again, he was in the halves for a team that threepeated, he was the NSW halves for the first two game when NSW flogged QLD in QLD and led his Tier 2 nation to a World Cup final.

Guys a f@cking legend!!

Luai has the best resume of any active half not named 'Eary.

Weird how little acknowledgement it gets.

Foxsports have an article only a couple of hours old saying he is expected to be part of Knights top 30 in 2025.

I can’t say I’ve seen a lot of him in person, but certainly has big wraps on him.
Hope the kid kills it and does get a chance in 2025. (I know you are not Kilkenny) but can’t bag a kid for wanting an opportunity.

maple_69

Bench
So if we miraculously do retain Luai, what do we think is next? Kenny surely? Hard to see us retaining any of May, Turuva, Hosking or Garner on top of them. Surely we’d have to be doing some planning this season with Cole/McLean/Alamoti/Geyer/Hassett/Lisati to come in and get a few blocks of games to see what they’ve got.

Munky

Coach
So if we miraculously do retain Luai, what do we think is next? Kenny surely? Hard to see us retaining any of May, Turuva, Hosking or Garner on top of them. Surely we’d have to be doing some planning this season with Cole/McLean/Alamoti/Geyer/Hassett/Lisati to come in and get a few blocks of games to see what they’ve got.

Kenny should be cheap. Unless a team has gun halves he doesn't improve them. Similar to Edwards he needs Pantherball and Pantherball needs him.

Turuva or May is a harder choice. May has a higher ceiling but hasn't finished a season. The best ability is availability.

I'd try and keep Garner. Hosking is all heart but is as average as they come. Garner offers something to the attack especially if we are running a new five eighth in 2025.

Big Mick

Referee
I think we retain Kenny and Turuva. May I think goes to the Dogs if Terrell goes there.

Hosking back to Newcastle is my gut feel and Garner maybe Gold Coast.

McLean will be ready for centres by 2025 so will replace May

Geyer, Hassett, Lisati and Alamoti if he converts to backrow - can take the Hosking/Garner spots.

Latest posts