What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Black Diamond

Juniors
We were up 18-0 at halftime last year.

The plan is to work them over yes but late in the halves not hope they fall apart in the last 10 mins
Was a very different game to last year against a very different team. Point is, they got their plan back on track and ran them down. You only have to listen to interviews from players and they say exactly that.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We were up 18-0 at halftime last year.

The plan is to work them over yes but late in the halves not hope they fall apart in the last 10 mins
They were gone with 20 to go.

The only thing that didn’t go to plan was the first 20mins of the second half where they scored three tries.

the game plan is always bash them for 60 and pile on points late in the game.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The shit teams need someone like Kenny in their side. I'd say they have him as a lock though that puts the value down abit but there is no reason.

Dragons
Dogs

and sides like that wouldn't pay $600k. Cam McInnes is that same style
and therein lies the problem for low placed team.

'They' go looking for the 'brightly coloured shiny' players like Luai. Not grunt workers like Kenny.

Iamback

Coach
They were gone with 20 to go.

The only thing that didn’t go to plan was the first 20mins of the second half where they scored three tries.

the game plan is always bash them for 60 and pile on points late in the game.

Ivan, Nathan, Fish, Sorro have all said we should of been more up at halftime.

They'd know what the game plan was

Iamback

Coach
Have they come out and said we would have been up by more if Api and Kiks were on the field?

That is a conclusion some have drawn.

There has been no shortage of players on various podcasts and they all say the margin should of been more at halftime.

Given we only made one error. The quality of what was thrown their way wasn't a high standard. Not sure what else can be made from that

There has been no shortage of players on various podcasts and they all say the margin should of been more at halftime.

Given we only made one error. The quality of what was thrown their way wasn't a high standard. Not sure what else can be made from that
Are you Paul Kent?!?! ‘Some people in league’, ‘people I am talking to’…. Who are these people?

And how have you got from ‘we should have been up more at half time’ to suggesting that we would have been with different players. Name one person who has implied that?

The reality is we did win; I know it disappoints you but again our brains trust demonstrated they are the best in the business. They have reinvented how the game is played, and we are the most dominant team of the salary cap/national comp era. No amount of arguing some spurious counterfactual will change that.

If you want to find a reason why the game was played differently to other games during the second half of 2023, I would point your attention to the ref’s performance. Subjectively that game was referred differently, and I am sure a stats man like yourself could point to stats (the most obvious is the lack of penalties) that a) could point to why it was hard to score points in that first half and b) why it was the right strategy to go long into the game.

Last edited:

Black Diamond

Juniors

That is all true but end if the day, they found a way to win

Iamback

Coach
Are you Paul Kent?!?! ‘Some people in league’, ‘people I am talking to’…. Who are these people?

And how have you got from ‘we should have been up more at half time’ to suggesting that we would have been with different players. Name one person who has implied that?

The reality is we did win; I know it disappoints you but again our brains trust demonstrated they are the best in the business. They have reinvented how the game is played, and we are the most dominant team of the salary cap/national comp era. No amount of arguing some spurious counterfactual will change that.

If you want to find a reason why the game was played differently to other games during the second half of 2023, I would point your attention to the ref’s performance. Subjectively that game was referred differently, and I am sure a stats man like yourself could point to stats (the most obvious is the lack of penalties) that a) could point to why it was hard to score points in that first half and b) why it was the right strategy to go long into the game.

Go back a few pages. The discussion has been going a few days now.

I mentioned last year because both years had a similar dominance numbers wise

Here are numbers from the GF 1st half

Possession 56-44 our way
Territory 62-38 our way
Penalties 1 all
Tackles in opposition 20

26-5 our way

Errors 8-1

In the roles were reversed the Broncos have 2-3 tries.

Same if such a domination happens in Origin.

Any grand final side the same

Black Panther

Juniors
The Master stood up and won us the game. He was injured in the 20th minute got an injection which didn’t take effect until he tore Brisbane a new one from the 60th minute.
You could see his lateral movement was severely hampered by his knee injury.
Not sure why anyone is still arguing about what did or didn’t happen. The only thing for sure is we won again.

MugaB

Coach
Ran straighter and caught and passed the ball along. His one strength is knowing his level and getting out of the way
Mate watch the fox coverage, even cooper cronk mentioned it around the 63rd min mark that they've switched positions, and nathan is running outside cogger for most of the plays,
The critta try started from kenny, 1st receiver was cogger to 2nd receiver nate then to critta for the try, it was happening from around the 60th minute, they want cogger doing the directing, but nate running and kicking

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Mate watch the fox coverage, even cooper cronk mentioned it around the 63rd min mark that they've switched positions, and nathan is running outside cogger for most of the plays,
The critta try started from kenny, 1st receiver was cogger to 2nd receiver nate then to critta for the try, it was happening from around the 60th minute, they want cogger doing the directing, but nate running and kicking
I've watched the game 100 times