What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Panthers’s could get Terrell May if we want. We have the spot available too and it almost guarantees keeping Taylan.

i havent seen us linked to him at all. But I hope we enquire about him. Would be win/win for us. Helps keep Taylan and we add a decent forward to our team.

It is like the argument to keep Spencer, How much is too high to pay for a Bench prop?

We have to see how the year plays out to see how high on the list Taylan is too keep.

It might be a case of May or Turuva depending on how our centres look

Girds89

Bench
It is like the argument to keep Spencer, How much is too high to pay for a Bench prop?

We have to see how the year plays out to see how high on the list Taylan is too keep.

It might be a case of May or Turuva depending on how our centres look

I think its important to see how henry goes this year.

Hes signed up cheap till 2026.

Hes not going to have the same imoact spencer had but hes a worker and gets through a shitload of metres ans tackles with no errors.

Lindsay smith is similar to henry..

I think smith and henry will sort of allow ivan to change the way he uses fish and leota.

In the past hes really relied on both those two for big mins... as spencer would gas out and get unreliable in the middle and marker once he was gassed...

Lindsay and henry are both big min safe players..

It might mean that fish and leotas mins are reduced, but in turn allowing them a heap more impact.

So fish drops back from 60 to 45... leota from 55 to 40...

I think that will be the plan moving forward.

Ivan might look to stagger the bench to with lindsay starting and leota henry of the bench.

Spencers impact is a big loss but theres ways we can overcome it definitely.

If taylan can just get through the year without reinjuring the knee ill be happy.

Alamonti is a big shot at centre imo.

Ppl are just assuming its taylans but i think therell be a bit of competition throughout the year.

Iamback

Coach
I think its important to see how henry goes this year.

Hes signed up cheap till 2026.

Hes not going to have the same imoact spencer had but hes a worker and gets through a shitload of metres ans tackles with no errors.

Lindsay smith is similar to henry..

I think smith and henry will sort of allow ivan to change the way he uses fish and leota.

In the past hes really relied on both those two for big mins... as spencer would gas out and get unreliable in the middle and marker once he was gassed...

Lindsay and henry are both big min safe players..

It might mean that fish and leotas mins are reduced, but in turn allowing them a heap more impact.

So fish drops back from 60 to 45... leota from 55 to 40...

I think that will be the plan moving forward.

Ivan might look to stagger the bench to with lindsay starting and leota henry of the bench.

Spencers impact is a big loss but theres ways we can overcome it definitely.

If taylan can just get through the year without reinjuring the knee ill be happy.

Alamonti is a big shot at centre imo.

Ppl are just assuming its taylans but i think therell be a bit of competition throughout the year.

I rate Henry but as a starter. That would allow Moses off the bench and keep some agression.

McLean, Cole and Henry have all got 3 more seasons. Even Hassett is contracted next year.

That allows us to sit back and see how the early rounds play out. Kenny and Turuva aside of course.

No point dropping $400k on May or Garner unless we need too

murraymob

Coach
Panthers’s could get Terrell May if we want. We have the spot available too and it almost guarantees keeping Taylan.

i havent seen us linked to him at all. But I hope we enquire about him. Would be win/win for us. Helps keep Taylan and we add a decent forward to our team.
Terrell would thrive under Ivan and with fish as his mentor would be a great buy.Would nice to see a quality player entering the door considering how many have left

I know nothing, but I have a feeling that Tyrell will be back here. I know ive been told Hosking going doesn't mean new incomings, but with a weapon like Taylan and the fact Ivan is all about connections and the brothers want to play together etc, I just have this gut feeling.

Iamback

Coach
I know nothing, but I have a feeling that Tyrell will be back here. I know ive been told Hosking going doesn't mean new incomings, but with a weapon like Taylan and the fact Ivan is all about connections and the brothers want to play together etc, I just have this gut feeling.

He'd have to take a huge pay cut, That is normally the thing someone does mid career.

Pomoz

Bench
For those who have watched Henry in NSW Cup, does he have the mongrel of JFH and Leota? Is he likely to stand up to Haas, JWH and other NRL bully boys?

Blues Riff

Bench
He'd have to take a huge pay cut, That is normally the thing someone does mid career.
Listening to his recent Bloke interview, signing one or ideally both of his brothers would absolutely seal the deal.
Not sure how we feel about Tyrone, hey?
Sounds like the sort of deal Gus would cook up. I know they're keen on him in the Kennel.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Listening to his recent Bloke interview, signing one or ideally both of his brothers would absolutely seal the deal.
Sounds like the sort of deal Gus would cook up. I know they're keen on him in the Kennel.
I’d sign Tyrone to replace Peach next year, if it meant we got Tiny and Tyrell.

Iamback

Coach

They are keen on anyone that has ever driven through Penrith over there.

Tyrone is the one in our price range not sure where he'd play

Iamback

Coach
That is something we will miss. Spencer was a beast, nobody intimidated him. Do we have another forward with mongrel coming through the lower grades?

Lisati is the one. Just needs to stay on the field and stop getting HIA's

unless the Alamonti to the bench rumours are true.

Outside of that. Hassett hits hard but is smaller and probably a year off but a good start to the season and he could get a run

mxlegend99

Referee
Surely the lure of playing with Taylan in a successful team would land him fairly cheap for a year or two. With how important playing together is. Winning a premiership together would have to weigh heavily for them.

I don’t particularly want Tyrone back. I was happy when we got rid of him. but if we brought him back to get the other 2 i could handle it. Would just pray we barely had to use him.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Surely the lure of playing with Taylan in a successful team would land him fairly cheap for a year or two. With how important playing together is. Winning a premiership together would have to weigh heavily for them.

I don’t particularly want Tyrone back. I was happy when we got rid of him. but if we brought him back to get the other 2 i could handle it. Would just pray we barely had to use him.
I think Tyrone could offer quite a lot to the younger boys.

He’s made all the mistakes and learnt a lot of lessons. Surely he could help keep the young dudes on track…. Or maybe he’s just a drop kick that never learns… I dunno.