What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We will have a bigger sample size to go with over the next few years. You don't get 'rested' in finals games though

His last 2 games he played for us and his game for Samoa were close to the worst he has played, That leads me to think he still wasn't right

You can agree with him, You also aren't part of a team where there are guys taking stuff just to get on the field.

When that starts affecting your performance you are no good to the side

He just played bad coming back from two decent injuries, that happens.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You can agree with him, You also aren't part of a team where there are guys taking stuff just to get on the field.
Who? Who took something different or rehabbed differently to Tago and came back from the same two injuries faster?

Or, is it safe to assume that your guessing.

Because I can tell you, that if he had the same injury in amateur team, without the same level of medical support, It would have definitely been the season.

Iamback

Coach
Who? Who took something different or rehabbed differently to Tago and came back from the same two injuries faster?

Or, is it safe to assume that your guessing.

Because I can tell you, that if he had the same injury in amateur team, without the same level of medical support, It would have definitely been the season.

He hurt his pec in the 2nd Souths game. Missed the 1st semi with a pec injury - So the injury lingered. The Olam try in the Prelim was sign he was still str

Sean O'sullivan did the same injury and was back in June and played the same amount of regular season games.

O'Sullivan ended the year stronger - What is better for the team?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He hurt his pec in the 2nd Souths game. Missed the 1st semi with a pec injury - So the injury lingered. The Olam try in the Prelim was sign he was still str

Sean O'sullivan did the same injury and was back in June and played the same amount of regular season games.

O'Sullivan ended the year stronger - What is better for the team?
How did their treatment differ?

O’sullivans injury was also less serious.

Tago’s was closer to Kikau’s, he was extremely lucky to avoid surgery which would have ended his season.

I know this, because I asked Tago at a fan day.

Iamback

Coach
How did their treatment differ?

O’sullivans injury was also less serious.

Tago’s was closer to Kikau’s, he was extremely lucky to avoid surgery which would have ended his season.

I know this, because I asked Tago at a fan day.

O'sullivan did his 2 weeks before Tago, had surgery and was back in 12 weeks

Pomoz

Bench
With all respect to the parties debating injuries, without the medical notes we have no idea if the injuries are the same. Tears have different grades, the tear could be in a different part of the muscle.

Estimating recovery times is impossible without the detail. People also respond differently to treatment, it implies nothing about Tago refusing treatment unless it's natural. He might be a slow healer irregardless of the treatment chosen. Some people eat a peanut and nearly die, others are gulping down nuts, peanut butter, Satay sauce and loving it. Different physiologies is all it is.

For all we know, Tago's pec was nearly torn in two and he is actually superman just getting back on the field.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
With all respect to the parties debating injuries, without the medical notes we have no idea if the injuries are the same. Tears have different grades, the tear could be in a different part of the muscle.

Estimating recovery times is impossible without the detail. People also respond differently to treatment, it implies nothing about Tago refusing treatment unless it's natural. He might be a slow healer irregardless of the treatment chosen. Some people eat a peanut and nearly die, others are gulping down nuts, peanut butter, Satay sauce and loving it. Different physiologies is all it is.

For all we know, Tago's pec was nearly torn in two and he is actually superman just getting back on the field.
100% fair but everything to come out of Tago's mouth re medical issues is just incorrect.
Let's hope he has a long career here because he's f**king fantastic when on but some of his arm grabbing defence last year (due to injury) was extremely sub par

Unrelated to us. Gould has moved on another. RFM off to the Dragons
Couldn’t believe it when I read he is 30 years old. Must have been a late bloomer.

I liked him when he first came into grade. Obviously didn’t click with Ciraldo as his form was way down last year, even in the first half of the season.

Couldn’t believe it when I read he is 30 years old. Must have been a late bloomer.

I liked him when he first came into grade. Obviously didn’t click with Ciraldo as his form was way down last year, even in the first half of the season.
His career has been constantly derailed by injury, I don’t think form in isolation was ever the issue.

Latest posts