1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by soc123_au, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Luke Bowden

Luke Bowden Bench

That’s a scathing review! Hahahaha

panthersam likes this.
  2. panthersam

panthersam Juniors

Shittttttt all I know is I’ll continue to try and be as positive as I can be when it comes to the mighty Penrith Panthers and whoever wants to ride that wave with me they are more than welcome to!

Penrith Panthers premiers 2021 lesssgoooo baby

MugaB likes this.
  3. Original Name

Original Name Juniors

This overly positive or negative stuff goes both ways. Remember all the wanking about how great Waqa Blake is? About how we were wasting his prime years by not using him enough. Some on here at the time were hyping him up like he was as good as Joey Manu is now and it was only because we weren't giving enough ball that he wasn't considered a top 2 or 3 centre.

He's gone to the Eels and he's been a liability there, their worst player by far last year and he was in a good team.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Pomoz and Jane Murray like this.
  4. Pomoz

Pomoz Juniors

Good one, there have been a few like poor Greg. It's a tough business, the NRL.

GongPanther likes this.
  5. WestyLife

WestyLife Bench

A few simple facts.

1. We know players wanted to test their value so didn't take up early offers. Club can't hold a gun to their head and force them to sign.

2. Still paying for RCG and Blake.

3. People wanted Burton after the two games they played together and Burton was the better half, not pre season.

betcats likes this.
  6. panthersam

panthersam Juniors

Until we’ve been given an actual reason to be negative then I’ll continue to be positive, it’s as simple as that for me.

Reality is, absolutely nobody knows what 2021 has in store for James Tamou, Moses Leota, Josh Mansour, Charlie Staines, Spencer Lenin, Waqa Blake or any player in the competition at this stage lol I’m not saying I will be here posting preaching the positivity if we are halfway through the season and running last because none of our players are performing, nor will I be shitting on Josh Mansour or James Tamou if they are the premier players in the position.

To me it’s just pointless to flaunt the negativity towards or about our club before a ball has even been kicked for this season :shrug:‍♂️ it’s what is done by James Hooper, Paul Kent and the likes constantly so I hope to come somewhere like these forums to be on the other end of that.

You are right that everyone is entitled to their opinion though, I’m not trying to deny anyone of that. What I am trying to do is understand the reason for some opinions and hopefully use my own thoughts and feelings towards this great team to possibly sway some negativity to a more positive way of thinking. Thats how I am as person in real life, so it isn’t going to change on these forums. Opinions might be divided on me but I’m willing to take that.

I’ll finish this post by reinforcement of the excitement I have to come for season 2021, I think we are going to see some special things by the boys in our team and I just wish I didn’t have to wait another three weeks or so for it to get underway!

Penrith Panthers 2021 Premiers lessssgoooo baby

GongPanther, Pomoz, CCJohnC and 3 others like this.
  7. MugaB

MugaB Bench

Black Magik likes this.
  8. franklin2323

franklin2323 Immortal

We offered Tamou an extension. He wanted more than just the single season.

Medium to long term Leinu is a better option. That is the way footy works

9. panthersam

panthersam Juniors

That was a great article to read, Benji seems like such a stand up human being and will no doubt go down as one of the greatest to ever do it.

Out of all of our players, I think I have the biggest man crush on Romey HAHA seems like he is incredibly genuine human being, with a huge desire to both compete and be successful all while staying humble and grounded which would be incredibly hard at times for a young man in this position that he is in.

I think he has a huge year ahead of him, do they still not offer any odds for Dally M winners? Would be very interested to see what Jarome would be paying!

Pomoz and MugaB like this.
  10. franklin2323

franklin2323 Immortal

Welcome to the forum.

now on to this post

Say we keep Tamou, Mansour etc... we lose guys we plan for the future with

That would of been a horrible off season in that case

11. franklin2323

franklin2323 Immortal

The amount of people that think a contract extension is a quick thing is mindblowing

CCJohnC, WestyLife and Jane Murray like this.
  12. WestyLife

WestyLife Bench

Doing what people are saying is why teams like Tigers, Cowboys etc. Have been in the top 8. You have to think strategically not emotionally.

Exactly.

Pomoz likes this.
  13. Smug Panther

Smug Panther Juniors

No no no footy players are basically just sacks of meat for our entertainment. They should sign contracts early at a much lower rate, for ya know reasons.....

MugaB and WestyLife like this.
  14. franklin2323

franklin2323 Immortal

Ahh yes. How dare someone not sign for who we say

15. franklin2323

franklin2323 Immortal

I do get that we have had juniors over hyped in the past. This is different

Guys like Crichton and co were a big part of doing what only a handful of teams have before.

Staines for Mansour looks like a risk but it isn't like he is the only option. Naden is a better winger than centre. Him going also allows Mom to come in. So you really just strengthen the right side at the cost of a winger

16. WestyLife

WestyLife Bench

Exactly what I've been trying to get across. The roster is better balanced now.

CCJohnC and Jane Murray like this.
  17. franklin2323

franklin2323 Immortal

That for me is why I like this years roster

CCJohnC, WestyLife and MugaB like this.
  18. betcats

betcats Referee

I think they have done very well. You are trying turn being short a depth prop into a big issue but they will sign another prop, Leniu and Leota will fill Tamou and Tetavano's roles. You are making mountains out of molehills.

19. Michael Matral

Michael Matral Juniors

20. MugaB

MugaB Bench

Michael Matral likes this.