What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
As for Kik's we can replace him.

It won't be the same style of player but if we bring this backline back

With the middles and we still can't make an impact than it's not because we lost a 2nd rower

Kilkenny

Coach
Awful human but he's a better footballer than Salmon
I know the whole predator thing.

You know what they say don’t let a sexual predator scenario get in the way if he meets your roster needs.

Its a given, I now realise we’ve been freeing up all this cap space to get the prodigal son back to the club.

It makes perfect sense now.

Could be a replacement for Kikau too, like for like.

I know the whole predator thing.

You know what they say don’t let a sexual predator scenario get in the way if he meets your roster needs.

Its a given, I now realise we’ve been freeing up all this cap space to get the prodigal son back to the club.

It makes perfect sense now.

Could be a replacement for Kikau too, like for like.
I can't remember where I read this, however, I believe May's papers have been marked as never to be returned.

Original Name

Juniors
When May came on sometimes Yeo shifted to prop. So the defence could just slide on May preventing him from creating space because he ran as hard and as fast as my grandmother, they could just close any half gap before he hit the line in the middle. Yeo wasn't really ball playing as a prop so telegraphing he was running at a ready brick wall instead of half gaps or a retreating defence he was about as effective as Josh Jackson is playing in the middle (with the ball) nowadays. Eisunhuth would come on who isn't the greatest go forward running prop in the game when it comes to making a dent in the line.

Our go forward turned to complete shit with Leniu and To'o the only guys doing effective one out hit ups and it didn't come good until our starting props came on and Yeo shifted back to lock. Salmon isn't a big needle mover but he isn't a massive negative like May was half the time when he played lock and Yeo shifted to prop.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
When May came on sometimes Yeo shifted to prop. So the defence could just slide on May preventing him from creating space because he ran as hard and as fast as my grandmother, they could just close any half gap before he hit the line in the middle. Yeo wasn't really ball playing as a prop so telegraphing he was running at a ready brick wall instead of half gaps or a retreating defence he was about as effective as Josh Jackson is playing in the middle (with the ball) nowadays. Eisunhuth would come on who isn't the greatest go forward running prop in the game when it comes to making a dent in the line.

Our go forward turned to complete shit with Leniu and To'o the only guys doing effective one out hit ups and it didn't come good until our starting props came on and Yeo shifted back to lock. Salmon isn't a big needle mover but he isn't a massive negative like May was half the time when he played lock and Yeo shifted to prop.

Salmon definitely runs and hits harder than may did I much prefer playing Salmon as a forward than May. May was pretty effective in sticking his tackles in the middle he didnt drop off many but he hit like a pillow. When Salmon plays on an edge actually hits guys hard defensively and runs the ball well most of the time and he has never been carved up defending in the centres like May has before.

maple_69

Bench
Salmon has actually surprised me, particularly against the Dogs when he had extended minutes. Has a bit of mongrel in him and does his job. Never going to be a game breaker but he's proving to be a reasonable plug. Kenny is the guy I don't really get now although again he's been fine. Yeo & Api don't need a break & we have 4 great props for the rotation. I'd rather Luke or even a back who could offer some spark in that spot like Turuva, similar to how Crichton started his NRL career.

hindy111

Post Whore
$10m salary cap

Cleary $1.1m
Luai $750k
Yeo $750k
Crichton $600k
To'o $500k
Martin $600k

Are all Origin players in key roles

JFH $700k for the best prop in the game

That is $4m gone on 7 players

Leaves an average of $260k per player.

So it isn't finding a like for like replacement for Kikau. It is finding a 2nd rower that can do the job for that price

JFH is not the best prop in game. Top 5 maybe........

hindy111

Post Whore
I dunno the dogs will have a pretty solid team next year..all they need is a good coach which they haven't had in over a decade.

Reed is probably top 5 best hookers, Kikau is probably also top 5 second rower add Ado Carr also top 5 winger and Burton top 5 5/8 and it's pretty decent. All they have to do is buy a structured halfback like a Townsend or like a Reynolds for the Broncos and they'll be a top 8 team. They have great forwards but no hooker atm that can move the markers around but Reed is good enough at that. If Dogs can get Flano and he gets his son firing at halfback they be a top 8 team.

Have you watched Mahoney this season? He has been bog average. Kikau is best 2nd rower in game on form.

hindy111

Post Whore
Kikau is worth 800k now. Will he be in 2025? It's a 4yr deal. Forwards fall off the perch fast. Go back 2yrs and guys like JWH, Marty Tapau where two of the best in the game. Fafita from the Shark was also so dominant 4 or 5yrs ago and out of nowhere become a park player. Remember these guys where the best of the best. Burgess another.
The thing is after 28 it starts tom become a lottery. Kikau will be 28 next season. Physically there is no reason he can't have 4yrs at his peak. But if I was a betting man I'd tip by 2024 he would of played his best footy. Depends how much his form goes down. And if you see him as the motivated type and leadership qualities?

Api should of been the main target. Hookers seem to be able to adjust games even when they slow down a little.

I think letting a guy go a year early is better then 2 or 3 yrs to late. You've had both these players best years.

Bulldogs should be stronger in 2023. But let's see how much Burton will want. With Reed, JAC and Kikau sucking up about 2.1 mill between them it might be around 3 mill on those 4 guys alone. Throw in TPJ and your close to 4 mill. I can imagine other sides starting to poach any of their young talent. It's what happens when buy to many guys at peak prices.

hindy111

Post Whore
Because Crichton is playing out of position, he is really a winger.

Crichton is over rated in my eyes. But perhaps that's cause he barely get any ball. Not worth 600k for what you get from him. But not to many centres are.

snickers007

Juniors
Apparently Tom Opacic is off contract for next year. Would be good depth for Tago/Critta.

Maybe even put Tago on the Maurice Blair diet and move him in Kikau's spot.

Latest posts