What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

This piece talks about Martin and Staines. We really can’t afford to lose Martin after Kikau and Capewell going. Honestly I’d rather we don’t overpay to keep Crichton so we can keep Liam.

Iamback

Coach
This piece talks about Martin and Staines. We really can’t afford to lose Martin after Kikau and Capewell going. Honestly I’d rather we don’t overpay to keep Crichton so we can keep Liam.

How much is Martin worth though?

I have him as a $500k player. We can't start paying overs for guys

As for Crichton. $700k is what the word is his new deal will be, It looks on par with Stagg's new deal so is about spot on

WestyLife

First Grade
$350k is too much for a NSW Cup player

Yes hence my salary cap comment.

I'd prefer to keep Martin.

I think Martin is keen to stay. It's whether we can get him for a reasonable amount or not.

Lots of pieces for this jigsaw puzzle.

Sadly Staines isn't doing what the back in reserve grade are currently doing for a heck of a lot cheaper too.

He's clearly looking for more than what the club is offering even at an increase so playing origin has probably got him looking for a big pay day.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yes hence my salary cap comment.

He's clearly looking for more than what the club is offering even at an increase so playing origin has probably got him looking for a big pay day.

With Martin it comes down to how much is the money talking v playing in a good side within a premiership window. Big decision for him.

Iamback

Coach

Crichton won't leave. He likes the area too much and Dogs don't have the cap space

I just read the story....What a load of BS.

What do we think Burton gets next deal $700k?

Kikau is $800k
Mahoney $700k - Both of whom are yet to be registered with NRL
Ryan Sutton $600k

Then they can afford $700k for Crichton hahaha

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Interesting. In fact fascinating if true. Stephen isn't off contract till end of 23. So will Penrith make him stay for 23.

Can Turuva become a centre then ?

Just looked over last 2 weeks NSW team lists. round 18 listed as centre. Round 19 listed on the wing.

Hmmmmmm.

How much is Martin worth though?

I have him as a $500k player. We can't start paying overs for guys

As for Crichton. $700k is what the word is his new deal will be, It looks on par with Stagg's new deal so is about spot on

My point was *if* we pay overs for someone, I’d rather it be for a second rower after our losses. I’d prefer not to pay overs for anyone, but I definitely don’t want to pay overs for Crichton.

Iamback

Coach
My point was *if* we pay overs for someone, I’d rather it be for a second rower after our losses. I’d prefer not to pay overs for anyone, but I definitely don’t want to pay overs for Crichton.

Martin isn't even that good. Imagine our poor attack on the right if it was him and No Crichton or To'o..

If we can keep the backline together - Which is almost certain.

With the strong middles we have. We will still be Top 6 or so

Martin isn't even that good. Imagine our poor attack on the right if it was him and No Crichton or To'o..

If we can keep the backline together - Which is almost certain.

With the strong middles we have. We will still be Top 6 or so

Rubbish. He’s one of the best second rowers in the comp. Not everyone has to be a ball player.

Crichton is possibly going to be offered fullback money, we shouldn’t match that.