What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

snickers007

Juniors

Panthers stand firm on Hopgood release
The Eels have asked Penrith to release J’Maine Hopgood from the final year of his deal to join the club for the rest of the year.

The request has been knocked back twice by the Panthers despite not using him this year. Hopgood is joining the Eels next year.

I wonder who Hopgood's manager is. Everything surrounding his signing with the Eels seems amateurish.
Talk out of the Cowboys camp was that he had a handshake agreement to join them, and they were completely blindsided when the Eels announced it.
Similarly, apparently the Panthers were completely shut out of negotiations.

Hardly a surprise that he's been kept in NSW Cup ever since - and good on Panthers management for refusing to release him early. It does very little for our salary cap position.

Props to J'Maine for continuing to put in on the field however.

Iamback

Coach

I wonder who Hopgood's manager is. Everything surrounding his signing with the Eels seems amateurish.
Talk out of the Cowboys camp was that he had a handshake agreement to join them, and they were completely blindsided when the Eels announced it.

Hardly a surprise that he's been kept in NSW Cup ever since - and good on Panthers management for refusing to release him early. It does very little for our salary cap position.

It was Dolphins 1st.
Then Cows had him
Then Parra and WT thought they both had him.

Being more ruthless is the last trait to being a successful club. Glad to see them finding that edge

Original Name

Juniors
Would Peachey be an option for number 9?
Too much of a spot for the big boys. Peach is too easy to run at and get a quick ptb for a good defensive middle player. That's part of the reason teams that play him at starting lock forward can never defend more than 3 tries at the abololute minimum. You can bodyguard a half who's roughly at Peachey's level of tackling but the difference between his tackling and say B Smith/Grant, McInnes, Api, Mccullough, etc is simply too much. You're going to be up against it playing any good team.

Last edited:

Whino

Bench

Does nothing for our cap. Only thing would benefit us would be a player swap of equal value.

Side note, he hasn't been named in any grade this week. Hmm.

Last edited:

The Realist

Juniors
Would Peachey be an option for number 9?

He was asked by Griffin at one stage whether he’d consider being a hooker, with the view that he’d end up being our first choice. He flat out rejected the idea, saying that he didn’t like the position at all.

At the time I considered it a huge shame. I think he could have been a very dynamic hooker but his lazy attitude to defence killed what was likely his best long term position.

Latest posts