What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Big Mick

Referee
@Blade23 Mcclean starting wing rumour is bullshit right? No way he can jump Turuva and Jenkins after one trial.

Would think so - but logic could be - let's get Turuva a lot of minutes in NSW Cup at centre to prepare for post Crichton.

Depends if they believe Turuva would be the centre to replace him.

Original Name

Juniors
Would think so - but logic could be - let's get Turuva a lot of minutes in NSW Cup at centre to prepare for post Crichton.

Depends if they believe Turuva would be the centre to replace him.
Over Jenkins who is bigger, more experienced, more proven and trained with/against the first grade team longer? Jenkins can play both wing and centre comfortably.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Well no. He will be left winger this year to play right centre next year, it won't even be to get combinations
I’m not convinced he is top notch NRL quality in either the centre or wing position but I think he at the very least has earnt the right at first crack to the vacant wing position. His best position is fullback but isn’t going to get an opportunity there but for injury and will be competing with Longi. I don’t think he will ever have the skill set to play in the centres at NRL level.

Iamback

Coach
I’m not convinced he is top notch NRL quality in either the centre or wing position but I think he at the very least has earnt the right at first crack to the vacant wing position. His best position is fullback but isn’t going to get an opportunity there but for injury and will be competing with Longi. I don’t think he will ever have the skill set to play in the centres at NRL level.

I have no issue with that, the flip side is he may not end up centre next year as a result

Kilkenny

Coach
I have no issue with that, the flip side is he may not end up centre next year as a result
I like the kid, he has been a passionate member of our club, stayed loyal in the short term, very talented in his own right but unfortunately for him his best displays or form in NSW Cup have been when he has played fullback. It’s his best position not his fault, his path to NRL is blocked. He really isn’t a centre, never going to be on the evidence I have seen.

MrBlack

Juniors
If we were to get say $300k salary dispensation it would be interesting to see what we could do with it.

Assuming that 4 months salary already paid for whoever comes accross it equates to a $450k winger.

Toupu you would thnk most likley, only if Young is released this year to the Roosters.

Others outside the box - I like that Jojo Fafita at the Titans. Titans would benefit greatly placing him on our system for a year.

Latest posts