What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
No. Needs to go through court 1st
Is he stood down indefinitely? For the alleged assault business whatever it was?

I just googled him, appears he was charged with some sort of indecent assault, inappropriate touching of a female.

Does the punishment and or penalty for such offence meet the criteria to be stood down indefinitely? Doesn’t the alleged crime have to incur a certain minimum or maximum jail term. Not sure his alleged offence would meet the requirements would it? The offence in NSW is subject to a maximum term of imprisonment of 5 years, just googled it, is that sufficient to be stood down indefinitely under NRL policy.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Sexual assault trial that began this week
The foxsports article I am reading seems to allude to an inappropriate touching, indecent assault, as opposed to a sexual assault. Such an allegation would quite appropriately be dealt with in a lower court as opposed to going to trial before a judge a jury.

Murraymob1

Juniors
I may need some new material, that is true.

Here’s the back of the car during the Xmas holidays.

View attachment 70598

The critter article didn’t cut it for mine.

But I think we all know he’s not quite the full Panthera-he’s not at the Edwards, Brian, Yeo or Cleary level of thrill-power.

I’ve never considered him full throttle.

It was said before, he rejected a very generous club offer in May but he whored himself out.
Is that Diane Laurie driving past panthers again

Or perhaps we weren’t prepared to pay the $800k he ultimately signed for. Good luck to him, it is easy to say why wouldn’t he want to stay for less money, to be with his mates, remain with a successful club etc etc but that is a rather naive view. If you have two offers on the table one at $650k and the other $800k, most players are going to take the $800k that is just the real world. With competent management and financial advisors he will be able to do a lot financially with that extra income.
Isn’t that what I said?

betcats

Referee
Is he stood down indefinitely? For the alleged assault business whatever it was?

I just googled him, appears he was charged with some sort of indecent assault, inappropriate touching of a female.

Does the punishment and or penalty for such offence meet the criteria to be stood down indefinitely? Doesn’t the alleged crime have to incur a certain minimum or maximum jail term. Not sure his alleged offence would meet the requirements would it? The offence in NSW is subject to a maximum term of imprisonment of 5 years, just googled it, is that sufficient to be stood down indefinitely under NRL policy.

A Brisbane player was charged with rape since then but his identity has been hidden, when this came out reports said the unidentified player had been in court that day, court docs showed Robati was in court that day….going on reports that are out this is a seperate incident to the sexual touching one.

Whatever robati was initially charged with was enough for him to stood down by the nrl, the second set of charges, if it is him, are much worse.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Crichton had a meeting with the Panthers to hear their final offer and cancelled it the day before. He's straight up lying in that article.

Of course he’s not being completely truthful, as soon as he said it’s not about money that was obvious, money is always a big factor. But nothing he said makes the club looks bad imo, hes just trying to shift the perspective a bit from him being greedy or expecting Dylan’s spot. At the end of the day he’s a 22yo who made a decision that he thinks is in his best interest he didn’t do anything wrong. Maybe his management’s negotiating style wasn’t well liked by the club, blade has alluded to that, and he decided not to go forward with the last meeting because he had made up his mind, personally I think that’s fine.

WestyLife

First Grade
Of course he’s not being completely truthful, as soon as he said it’s not about money that was obvious, money is always a big factor. But nothing he said makes the club looks bad imo, hes just trying to shift the perspective a bit from him being greedy or expecting Dylan’s spot. At the end of the day he’s a 22yo who made a decision that he thinks is in his best interest he didn’t do anything wrong. Maybe his management’s negotiating style wasn’t well liked by the club, blade has alluded to that, and he decided not to go forward with the last meeting because he had made up his mind, personally I think that’s fine.

He could've just said he wanted fullback and Dyl has owned the spot at Penrith. No one would have an issue with it and would be wishing him well instead of this half truth thing that's ruffling feathers.

Or Chricton is having second thoughts

mxlegend99

Referee
I dare say anything he said would ruffle feathers if this article has anyone ruffled.
What ruffles feathers is him lying when we know that what he has said doesn't match what actually happened.

He had an offer months earlier that he knocked back. He had a meeting with us to hear our final offer after he "begged us" for an offer. He signed with Bulldogs without ever hearing our offer.

If he wanted to stay. He would have stayed. If it wasn't about money, he would not have milked us for extra money the last time he agreed to a contract but then held out for a better one from us.

Nothing wrong with trying to make the most of what he earns. But he cant pretend he wanted to stay when he had multiple opportunities to do so and held out for more money or signed elsewhere without waiting for us to make another offer that he asked for.

Stephen has a shocking game at the back vs St Helens

Ring ring ...
Ciro "Crit it's Ciro, shocking game at the back against st Helens, I think next year I'll stick with perham at the back"

Crichton" ok I think I better make something up for the papers"