What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

BxTom

Bench
Not sure if you read the whole thing but he’s definitely not doing that. He speaks about how emotional he gets thinking it’s his last year here and how he won’t take it for granted and play his hardest every week.

Crichton didn’t say anything bad, maybe he’s putting a bit of spin on it saying it’s not about money etc but that’s understandable imo, he loves Penrith he doesn’t want people to think he bailed for a bit of extra money or because he wanted Dylan’s spot and wasn’t getting it. From everything I’ve read it sounds like the club couldn’t really afford him at his market price and didn’t try to hard to prioritise keeping him. Probably made a decent offer and then played hardball which is understandable from our perspective, we have a big cap squeeze and a number of talented guys who can take his spot for much less.
I am aware of the history and what Blade said, but I think that this going to unsettle the relationship and that it is meant to do so. I smell Gus all over this.

Because he wasn’t getting an offer while those around him were. He got squeezed out and signed with the dogs.

looks to me like our offer came to late.
It’s like staring to run for the train only as it starts pulling out of the station.

The article reads to me like the panthers couldn’t afford him at the price they knew he was asking for. Critta (and his manager) realised this and moved on. That is fine on both sides.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I am aware of the history and what Blade said, but I think that this going to unsettle the relationship and that it is meant to do so. I smell Gus all over this.

Burton, Api and Kiks all managed to play their final season with Penrith. All 3 won premiership rings during that final year.

I think his teammates well understand what happened, and understand his motives, which is setting his family up.

Burton, Api and Kiks all managed to play their final season with Penrith. All 3 won premiership rings during that final year.

I think his teammates well understand what happened, and understand his motives, which is setting his family up.
With the money he's on now, I would love to earn that amount

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s like staring to run for the train only as it starts pulling out of the station.

The article reads to me like the panthers couldn’t afford him at the price they knew he was asking for. Critta (and his manager) realised this and moved on. That is fine on both sides.
Or perhaps we weren’t prepared to pay the $800k he ultimately signed for. Good luck to him, it is easy to say why wouldn’t he want to stay for less money, to be with his mates, remain with a successful club etc etc but that is a rather naive view. If you have two offers on the table one at $650k and the other $800k, most players are going to take the $800k that is just the real world. With competent management and financial advisors he will be able to do a lot financially with that extra income.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I think this is a great analogy.

BxTom

Bench

Burton, Api and Kiks did not carry on with the BS. Sports people have a short career and nobody, including me, blames them for chasing the money. This bloke's BS might get the other players upset. If he went for the money and to help his brother, he should say so. I have no problems with that. But he has lost my respect (and I suspect the respect of others) over this crap.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the club were probably resigned to the fact we couldn’t match what the Bulldogs were offering and set a limit which was below the Bulldogs deal and hence his departure albeit delayed was always inevitable.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Burton, Api and Kiks did not carry on with the BS. Sports people have a short career and nobody, including me, blames them for chasing the money. This bloke's BS might get the other players upset. If he went for the money and to help his brother, he should say so. I have no problems with that. But he has lost my respect (and I suspect the respect of others) over this crap.

I'm sure there was a piece written after the photo appeared of Kiks in Bulldogs kit.

This is a similar thing.

I believe this is the same type of thing. A PR move. That's all.

Kilkenny

Coach
The thing I find interesting is the fact he will be earning well in excess of what we are paying To’o and Edwards, not to mention the two other outside backs in May and Tago. Maybe Kikau is getting $800k, Api and Burton much less currently. Crichton has done very, very well for himself I just don’t see value at $800k but I guess it is not our concern now Other than the point you make about perhaps having a destabilising impact within the squad.

Kilkenny

Coach
The Crichton saga kind of mirrors the Mitchell Moses situation, has dragged on forever all the while Moses and his manager have played everyone off a break when he had no intention to leave the Eels but at the same time maximised his return to the tune of $1.2M a season. Good luck to him.

Kilkenny

Coach
I notice ’Whats the Buzz’ Sunday column carry’s a piece about the Knights seeking a Scott Sorensen - Dominic Young player swap for 2023. Initiated by the Knights, obviously, as we clearly would have no interest in such a swap deal. Can you imagine what sort of message that would send to the likes of Turuva, McLean or Jenkins is we even thought for a solid second about contemplating such a deal.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I notice ’Whats the Buzz’ Sunday column carry’s a piece about the Knights seeking a Scott Sorensen - Dominic Young player swap for 2023. Initiated by the Knights, obviously, as we clearly would have no interest in such a swap deal. Can you imagine what sort of message that would send to the likes of Turuva, McLean or Jenkins is we even thought for a solid second about contemplating such a deal.
That would do me!

Kilkenny

Coach
That would do me!
Too ridiculous to even contemplate.

I can understand totally Scott Sorensen seeking to maximise his last contract in the game he will surely move on next season to do so but the thought that we would bring in a largely unproven prospect for one season in front of our junior products is laughable.

I hope Scott gets a really good offer for to extent his career for a season or two, he truly deserves it and has earned it.

Kilkenny

Coach
TC Robati released by the Broncos for poor off field behaviour. What’s the odds he will be at a new club by the end of the week, just the ways things roll. I don’t know what part his alleged assault on a female may play, but sure as anything some club will pick him up.

Iamback

Coach
TC Robati released by the Broncos for poor off field behaviour. What’s the odds he will be at a new club by the end of the week, just the ways things roll. I don’t know what part his alleged assault on a female may play, but sure as anything some club will pick him up.

No. Needs to go through court 1st

Latest posts