What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
A couple of his best friends left in Crichton and Lenui. For the most part, players often decide based on the money on offer and no one can dent them that, careers in this game are short and they need to set themselves up beyond football. There will be no media career for Jerome and I don’t see him in the coaching ranks so he is most likely going to require a new career with a business or even have @n actual job. I think he will most likely stay, but I wouldn’t put my money on it.
Chricton is a very good centre, and a doable fullback, Spencer is an out and out prop, none of them can demand anything theyll have to barter for the best deal everytime, good halves a very hard to come by, Romey can demand whatever he wants

Kilkenny

Coach
Tiny May and L Smith are those replacing them
Tiny May returning from ACL always some doubt after such a serious injury and could be a huge ask to expect him to slot into vacant Crichton spot.

Lindsay has virtually established himself now in our top 17 so need to find someone else. I think Liam Henry is the man, not like for like, but he is a terrific talent.

Iamback

Coach
Chricton is a very good centre, and a doable fullback, Spencer is an out and out prop, none of them can demand anything theyll have to barter for the best deal everytime, good halves a very hard to come by, Romey can demand whatever he wants

Not so sure. You wouldn't put him in the 7.

We will offer $800k, it takes $1.2m to even be a chance, No one is paying him that

Well if they could sell him as a million dollar halfback at some other random club, they get a percentage of that million dollars....
Luai wants to stay at penrith and play with his best friends, that is plain to see, managers dont care about players wishes
Exactly

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
As much as I've given peach some stick I reckon if ivan asked it of him he'd at least try to give 110% at prop for the club.

So true. If ever there was a player who should have never left the club, it was Peach.
He looks, and plays so much better in Penrith colours than any others. He also looks so happy and content about being back. A lesson for many talented players. Sometimes the extra money at other clubs just isn't worth it.

Love his committment each game too.

mxlegend99

Referee
I doubt the club 'chose' Peachey over Salmon. I think the market and how much the players love the club kind of made the decision for us. But we were probably keen to keep both.

Peachey for all his flaws just loves the club and when he left the first time tried to backflip to stay. When he got a chance to return he took a paycut to do so.

So I think as long as we had a spot for him. He would choose to stay.

maple_69

Bench
Salmon may have had something to do with it as well. He’s never going to have a big role in our side but has shown at times he has a bit of skill. Maybe he wanted to back himself to play a bigger role in a side, he is still young, whereas Peach is what he is and has had some good money contracts at this stage of his career but hasn’t tasted the ultimate prize.

murraymob

Coach
I think the club offered salmon a 1 year deal the dogs offered him a 2 year deal.Some guys spend there whole career on 1 year deals so salmon would have jumped at a 2 year deal and the security of it