What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Cogger’s gf cameo will go down in history. Helped straighten the attack which led to two Cleary assists and his presence on the right gave Cleary just enough space to win it all.

Crazy to think it all started at a random airport last year where he was waiting for our call, already having his mind made up what he wanted to do.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I think Luai is best to leave for both parties. $800k can go to Tago, May and others. I think Laurie or Sneider Is a fair replacement.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah I don’t think you’re wrong. The core of the way we play might lie elsewhere but I suspect the heart of the group culturally is the Luai/Critta/To’o/Leniu contingent. That will be broken up completely over the next two years so we’ll see if we’re able to maintain the mentality that’s taken us beyond what a historically good group of players has ever achieved.

I’d be keen to see Luai given the helm of a team. I think he might surprise some after seeing what he did with a completely garbage spine for Samoa. He plays a role for us and it doesn’t show off a lot of skills and qualities he has. Likewise his role is agitator and shitstirrer here but as a leader, I think again he’ll surprise. He’s a much smarter guy than most give him credit for, you can tell when he speaks and isn’t goofing around.

murraymob

Coach
Unless there is a huge gap between what we offer and the offers he receives I beleive he stays .he just bought a new house
The dogs would seem the more likely destination they just offloaded Thompson at $800k .they have a lot of money in reserve and he would not have to move

Speculation!

C'mon Panther fans, we all know the club makes decisions for the club and its long term success.

We've all seen the clubs paying stupid money to 3 or 4 players with their fingers crossed hoping they stay fit because they go with no depth.

Matt Cameron and Ivan Cleary have proven to one and all that they know what they are doing.

Leave the tough decisions to the experts and just support the club, regardless of who wears the jersey.

MugaB

Coach
Speculation!

C'mon Panther fans, we all know the club makes decisions for the club and its long term success.

We've all seen the clubs paying stupid money to 3 or 4 players with their fingers crossed hoping they stay fit because they go with no depth.

Matt Cameron and Ivan Cleary have proven to one and all that they know what they are doing.

Leave the tough decisions to the experts and just support the club, regardless of who wears the jersey.
I have to say matt camerons call on Fisher-Harris having laryngitis was a very good one... unfortunately it didn't take him long to recover and yell out "YA MUM!!!"

betcats

Referee
Im really torn on Luai. In terms of on field impact i dont think he is worth what it will reportedly cost us to keep him let alone what it will cost other clubs to poach him. But I think his off field impact on the squad is quite valuable so I dont want to lose him, and I dont want us to pay him more than say 750-800k. Anyway ill back the club to make the right decision for us, they've done pretty well so far.

soc123_au

Staff member
Speculation!

Thats kind of the point of a discussion forum. It would be pretty boring if all the posts just said "Yay Panthers"

What we talk about here has no bearing on what the club does regarding anything. It's just fun to discuss and read differing opinions on things.