What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Could this be the Club taking a bit of a pot shot at Taylan May here?

Comments like this are made who a number of players re sign with the club.

Personally I believe (without actual knowledge) that it's linked into the lack of transparency about the DV. The club didn't know he was being charged until it came out in the media.

Then incidents like the speeding in a school zone. That happened after he re signed.

The steady stream of rap videos with (pretty out there language and violence) added to bible verses.

I don't believe the islander community at the club or in the community would be thrilled about this type of behaviour.

Probably also incidents that we as a supporter have no knowledge of.

Probably a pretty long rap sheet.

maple_69

Bench
If reports are correct that the DV charges against May date back to prior to the contract extension I think that could be a big part of the clubs move to piss him off now. My guess is he’s done some things wrong, broken club policies etc along with having been convicted of assault. The club has then put some conditions in the new contract that he needs to adhere to which are potentially more onerous than is typical. Since the contract extension he’s cursed on social media (apparently against policy), posted about a speeding crime and then potentially not disclosed serious charges. A string of minor offences (+ assault) prior to signing might be considered acceptable but a rapid continuation and escalation of breaches afterwards changes things particularly if they’ve got a paper trail of a higher bar that they set for him.

This is also a reason I am against extreme ideologues being put in positions of power. Because at the end of the day, their first priority is not the success or wellbeing of the organisation they are representing, their first loyalty is toward their 'cause' whatever that may be.

Ah yes the “extreme ideology” of opposing violence against women, you hate to see it folks.

age.s

First Grade
The May situation is a cluster F. May being a dill on Insta and even after his court appearance is one thing...but then the Board had to go and react the way they did to pour even more fuel on the fire is just lunacy.

I agree with the general consensus that if it's for non-DV related matters then they signed him up knowing about most if not all of it already.

The only thing that makes sense to me is if May signed up knowing that he was likely to be charged. If he is found innocent, does the Board think he will play hard for us? They have just created a disgruntled employee that could send ripples through the squad. Is this perhaps a reason Tago is out of form? His best mate at the club is being treated like this? Believe you me, the Samoan/Polynesian fanbase is looking at this treatment and is NOT happy about it at all.

This is also a reason I am against extreme ideologues being put in positions of power. Because at the end of the day, their first priority is not the success or wellbeing of the organisation they are representing, their first loyalty is toward their 'cause' whatever that may be.
Not quite sure I'm following you here.

This isn't a matter of an extreme ideologue pushing a niche agenda. This is a guy on a substantial contract who's unlikely to be able to take the field for the majority of the time his cap allocation is in play. The capacity for the club to use that money how it sees fit may be the difference between us going through this decade with 5 premierships instead of 3.

The Tago thing is pure speculation. Much more likely hes having an extended hit to his confidence after an injury that banged him up a bit. Much the same with the Polynesian community. I don't see why they'd be anything but disapproving of his behaviour as opposed to standing with him in some sort of tribalism.

I agree it's a clusterf**k if there's an extended rap sheet the club knew about before signing him. But there's no evidence of that. Much more likely the club knew of a few incidents, loaded his contract with behavioural clauses which are now being used to terminate his contract after incidents (aside from the alleged DV) that occurred post signing.

Finally, as @Hamstring awareness mentioned, being against DV isn't really an extreme ideology.

If reports are correct that the DV charges against May date back to prior to the contract extension I think that could be a big part of the clubs move to piss him off now. My guess is he’s done some things wrong, broken club policies etc along with having been convicted of assault. The club has then put some conditions in the new contract that he needs to adhere to which are potentially more onerous than is typical. Since the contract extension he’s cursed on social media (apparently against policy), posted about a speeding crime and then potentially not disclosed serious charges. A string of minor offences (+ assault) prior to signing might be considered acceptable but a rapid continuation and escalation of breaches afterwards changes things particularly if they’ve got a paper trail of a higher bar that they set for him.
I didn't want to say it on here, but thank you for pointing out that most likely his new contract had "conditions" that had to be adhered to.

Obviously the club now believes that one or more of these conditions has not been met, therefore, "show cause".

I'd like the fans to ease up with the speculation, or in some cases on these forums, ease up throwing out 100 bits of thought, so they can have the "I told you so" moment.

Patience people, it will all become clearer next week.

Frankus

Juniors
Ah yes the “extreme ideology” of opposing violence against women, you hate to see it folks.

Happy If You Say So GIF (GIF Image)

hindy111

Post Whore
Stefano knocked back a 5yrs deal at 800k a season. Is Penrith still hunting a prop? Would he take 750k from a strong club?
I suspect Gould will land him