What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Quigs

Immortal
They are smart operators the Poms that run St 'elens. They would quickly swap that big lumbering bearded front rower with The Mighty Shaz.

Imagine how good they would be then.

island pro

Juniors
Just saw that Mansour has signed for the Jets. Haven’t seen him play since back in the day with Moyza at Penrith so no idea how he is going these days.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
If he’s signed for Newtown, he plays for Newtown.
To play for Cronulla, he’d have to be released then signed.
players signed to Newtown do not automatically qualify to play with Cronulla.
Yeah that’s what I’m getting at.... probably 6 wingers in our top 30 so if any deal has to be done to enable him to play for the Sharks we have some very serious problems.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Moses reportedly signing a 1.25M a year deal. More than double the dally M winner. Will bite parramatta at some point down the track.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Moses reportedly signing a 1.25M a year deal. More than double the dally M winner. Will bite parramatta at some point down the track.
That sorta contract not only puts pressure on a salary cap but can breed contempt amongst fellow players on far less money. From memory Finucane would be our highest paid player although when you factor in the 300k forth year that brings the average down to about 700k. Wouldn’t be surprised if the fact Ben Hunt is on 1.2 plus is part of the issue at the Goons. Well one of many issues I guess.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Hunt must be sick of carrying the Stains. He did for most of the last season.
Get paid, doesn’t care.
Can’t blame him - there’s plenty of people out there in well less money working for places I’m sure they can’t stand, just like Hunt:

Moses and his manager a grateful that the Tigers went at him hard. No way he gets that much without the Tigers putting pressure on the Eels. No way he was going back to that West Tigers rabble. But Parra weren’t about to call his bluff.

Special K

Coach
Mansour has a connection with the Newtown coach from the world cup. Newtown has the ability to sign/select their own players. It cost them a gf a few years ago when they picked one of their dipshits on the wing.

Just means less opportunity for Iku/Rodwell/Stonestreet if he sticks around. I doubt he will though as he stinks of a Parramatta type signing.

cb4

First Grade
1.25mil for a Marquee half with the cap going up is about right. Moses would be a top5, pushing top 3 half back.
Nicho will get his extension and a well deserved one, but don't take away from Moses quality. It won't ruin Parra's cap either as they have signed Brown to go with him, and have money for a 9 when one becomes available.

Chimp

Bench
1.25mil for a Marquee half with the cap going up is about right. Moses would be a top5, pushing top 3 half back.
Nicho will get his extension and a well deserved one, but don't take away from Moses quality. It won't ruin Parra's cap either as they have signed Brown to go with him, and have money for a 9 when one becomes available.
Yeah, but their entire back row, centres and a winger are all nuffies as a result…. They’re gonna have a tough year I reckon.