What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeney

First Grade
Rabbitohs2005 said:
he is close to the best outside back you got, barring gidley. he is a much better player than Luke McDougall...he still has very solid defence. i wouldnt be ragging him out, I rate him more than Naiqama to be quiet honest, he is another El Masri, Can Goal Kick, wont be a top player in any other aspect of the game.

Naiqama is already turning 26 this year, It feels like he is still a rookie.

Cooper Vuna is a very good prospect, but you cant rate a promising youngster as a better player over an experienced player that has played origin & for his country.

In The End, Adam McDougall is the most consistent backline member at Newcastle, especially in defence. Gidley probably more so in attack.

Doogs' defense is the worst aspect of his game currently. Sure his strength in tackling one on one is fine, but his placement and tendency to rush up cost us many tries and at least 2 games last year.

Rabbitohs2005 said:
In The End, Adam McDougall is the most consistent backline member at Newcastle, especially in defence.

That is absolute crap.

James McMannus was far and away our best defender in the backline. Played every games last year, can't get more consistent then that.

It like me saying Hegarty is your key defender.

No idea.

Big Mick

Referee
Wayne Bennett --> Penrith/Roosters/Wigan
Matt Elliot --> ESL
Craig Bellamy --> Brisbane
Daniel Anderson --> St George
Stephen Kearney --> Melbourne

No idea where i've pulled that from...just a gut feeling.

Papa_smurf

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
Matt Elliot --> ESL

Maybe you shld c a Dr then.

raidersforme

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
Matt Elliot --> ESL

I think you are pretty spot on except

Bennet > Dogs/Penrith

The Colonel

Immortal
Seems a few people have forgotten the title of the thread and continue to carry on petty arguments.

Keep it on subject or take it elsewhere.

Thanks

Spike

First Grade
I've got my coin on Bennett going to St Helens to take over Anderson's spot and will take Lockyear with him...

Spike

First Grade
Former Balmain and Bradford player Michael Withers to Penrith or Windsor in the Jim Beam Cup

NthKnight said:
Im confused.....is this tread for rumoured signings or just wild speculation?

Its comparable to a cross between a queenslander telling you the size of the fish he caught over the weekend and a politician advisinging the public of his qualities during campaign time.

Ive been told that from a reliable source that Manly are close to signing Kurt Gidley and Jamie Lyon is on the way out to accomadate the signing.

Dont know really what to make of it. Manly must be over the cap already

Stagger eel

Staff member
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Ive been told that from a reliable source that Manly are close to signing Kurt Gidley and Jamie Lyon is on the way out to accomadate the signing.

that would be one from extreme left field but at the same time very very funny....

NthKnight

RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:

LOL Where would Manly play him? They already have the current NSW fullback and Kurt is stifled at 5/8.

It will take alot to move Gids from the Hunter and I highly doubt that Manly has what it takes.

RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:

Interesting. I'd rather Kidley at 6 then Lyon :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts