What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

macavity

Referee
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Ive been told that from a reliable source that Manly are close to signing Kurt Gidley and Jamie Lyon is on the way out to accomadate the signing.

for what its worth, Kids just (as in literally a week or so ago) bought a new house up here.

thats one hell of a commute... not to mention giving up his endorsement value up here (and he has plenty).

either manly have started the brown paper bag trick, or your man is full of it.

Thats what i was thinking

Orford
Lyon
Kite
Menzies
Stewart
Wotmough
Bell

Thats a lot of the cap space rite there. but funnier things have happened

Reported in the media last night that Kurt Gidley is close to signing with Newcastle for a couple more years and Souths are about to sign Isaac Luke and Nathan Merritt to long term contracts. Expect announcements by the start of the season at the latest.

Lime_Green

Juniors
Carney has now been linked with the Panthers, Bulldogs and Manly.

Anyone's guess where he'll go.

Crime does pay, apparently!

Garts

Bench
I would love TC at Manly but it wont happen. And for Canberra's sake I sort of hope he stays there!!!

David Puddy

Juniors
I don't care where Carney goes so long as he leaves Canberra. While he's at it, he should salt the earth at the stadium. Turn the place into something more useful like a carpark

stuke

Bench
gong_eagle said:
If they release or cut Lyon they may lose Crusher then as well

:lol: isn't the fact they wanted Lyon the main reason they enlisted Crusher anyway?

his production line of young stars like Barney Haslett seems to have dried up anyway!

Sugar said:
Menzies will free up some cash in 09 if he retires

Bell, Bryant & Afamasaga are off contract in 09 and are more likely to be sacrificed to secure a key signing. If Beaver wants to play on he will.

Stagger eel

Staff member
mxlegend99 said:
Where the #*%$ are they getting the money to be making him an offer?

they just can mate, there's no point in questioning it, it's one of the great myths of the world and you just need to shrug your shoulders and say meh! ;-)

Stagger eel said:
they just can mate, there's no point in questioning it, it's one of the great myths of the world and you just need to shrug your shoulders and say meh! ;-)

Or he can read my simple, non mythical, explanation & be satisfied :cool:

mxlegend99

Referee
Actually, a few people off contract hardly explains how they can afford the current roster, when they are knowingly paying massive overs for the likes of Jamie Lyon and Matt Orford. Contract extensions and upgrades to keep other players would almost account for each player off contract.

The only way it could be possible IMO, is if they have worked it so that he gets the majority of his contract toward the backend of it, where other players aren't likely to have much of the salary cap tied up.

mxlegend99 said:
Actually, a few people off contract hardly explains how they can afford the current roster, when they are knowingly paying massive overs for the likes of Jamie Lyon and Matt Orford. Contract extensions and upgrades to keep other players would almost account for each player off contract.

The only way it could be possible IMO, is if they have worked it so that he gets the majority of his contract toward the backend of it, where other players aren't likely to have much of the salary cap tied up.

In that case........I refer you back to Stagger Eels suggestion. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.