What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Ben Rogers is not on the Market, he is signed with Souths until end 2008 with option for 1 year extension.

Brent Webb -> South Sydney. Apparently to be announced later this week or early next week.

Brent Webb???? Which Brent Webb are we talking about here?

D

Deleted member 10972

Ben Rogers is not on the Market, he is signed with Souths until end 2008 with option for 1 year extension.

Brent Webb -> South Sydney. Apparently to be announced later this week or early next week.

Can i have a source on Rogers?

As far as i know, he is off contract this season?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Rogers is off contract as far as I know, well unless he has signed a deal in the last 2 weeks anyway as a extension (1 yr).

Mixmasterreece said:
Brent Webb???? Which Brent Webb are we talking about here?

The Brent Webb who is playing for the Leeds Rhino's this year.

On the subject of Ben Rogers, he signed a three year deal at the end of 2005. If you look at 2005 on the News archive on the South Sydney website you can find it, I'm too lazy to find it and post the link. He is definitely 100% signed until the end of next year.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
So you are telling me that Brent Webb is going to leave the Leeds Rhinos where he is absolutly ripping up and only 1 year into his contract and come to South Sydeny where he would be on a substanitly less contract.

Right.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You sure Rogers isn't a 2 yr deal with a option. I am pretty sure that is what he signed. The media usually report that as a 3yr deal!

lockyno1 said:
You sure Rogers isn't a 2 yr deal with a option. I am pretty sure that is what he signed. The media usually report that as a 3yr deal!

That link is not media, it is South Sydney web site. He is 3 years with option for 4.

As far as Brent Webb is concerned. I believe the story goes this way-

1) Yes he is tearing it up in England but he is home sick (don't ask me why, I am not Brent Webb, this is just what I have heard). Although he played for New Zealand he was actually born and raised in Cairns.
2) Souths have just signed an agreement with Leeds Rhino's which facilitates player transfers between the two clubs.
3) Leeds continue to pay his contract, he comes back to Aus and Souths send a couple of up and coming players as replacements. I believe Beau Champion is one of those replacements.

Souths get fullback, Leeds get depth and keep Webb under contract and happy, just in case he has a change of heart.

Once again, this is just a rumour. One which seems very substantial but this is a rumours thread right?

BILLYA-BULLDOG

Juniors
Stuart Flanagan still in talks with dogs for 2008
LOL with Webb going to souths maybe all clubs should link up with ESL clubs so we can rort the salary cap like Crowe & souths WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BILLYA-BULLDOG said:
Stuart Flanagan still in talks with dogs for 2008
LOL with Webb going to souths maybe all clubs should link up with ESL clubs so we can rort the salary cap like Crowe & souths WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a salary cap rort as players sent over have to come to a combined total equivalent to Webb's contract. Or Souths have to pay Leeds the difference and it comes under the cap.

Sugar

Bench
That link is not media, it is South Sydney web site. He is 3 years with option for 4.

As far as Brent Webb is concerned. I believe the story goes this way-

1) Yes he is tearing it up in England but he is home sick (don't ask me why, I am not Brent Webb, this is just what I have heard). Although he played for New Zealand he was actually born and raised in Cairns.
2) Souths have just signed an agreement with Leeds Rhino's which facilitates player transfers between the two clubs.
3) Leeds continue to pay his contract, he comes back to Aus and Souths send a couple of up and coming players as replacements. I believe Beau Champion is one of those replacements.

Souths get fullback, Leeds get depth and keep Webb under contract and happy, just in case he has a change of heart.

Once again, this is just a rumour. One which seems very substantial but this is a rumours thread right?
And that sum would be included in our salary cap,converted to aussie dollars it would be a fair chunk.
Somehow i think its BS.

Corbin

Juniors
Brent Tate $600,000.00 a year, hahahahahahaha

Yet again, you are wrong.

It's more around $400,000 a season.

Get your facts right.

Manager denies Carney’s Penrith link

Todd Carney’s manager has squashed rumours that the Raiders star had considered moving to the Penrith Panthers.

David Riolo said that even if the Panthers did try to make contact with him or Carney before his contract expired in 2008 the pair wouldn’t be taking notice.

Carney will be on the market from 2008 but Riolo said it was too early to start considering any offers.

He said he had not heard anything from the Panthers about luring Carney to Penrith and that as far as he was concerned the Raiders half would be staying in Canberra.

“We were just worried about getting Toddy’s court case over with and getting him back on the field” Riolo said. “We haven’t talked about beyond 2008.”

Reports have suggested the Panthers have been trying to lure Carney to Penrith. They have also expressed interest in Carney’s team mate Terry Campese.

Both Campese and his manager Jim Banaghan denied having been contacted anyone at the Panthers regarding an offer.

“[Carney’s] pretty happy down there and he’s pretty focussed. The club’s been really good to him through that time” Riolo said referring to Carney’s recent arrest.

Raiders chief Don Furner Jnr believed if Carney received any contract from the Panthers, that he would be one of the first to know.

“If they’re still calling him up or contacting him then I will blow up” Furner said. “I think Toddy or his manager would come to us and tell us. If that did happen it would show how desperate they are.”

The Raiders wouldn’t allow The Canberra Times to speak to Carney about his contract.

The Canberra Times

Y2Eel

First Grade
VictorTheViking said:
Manager denies Carney’s Penrith link

Todd Carney’s manager has squashed rumours that the Raiders star had considered moving to the Penrith Panthers.

David Riolo said that even if the Panthers did try to make contact with him or Carney before his contract expired in 2008 the pair wouldn’t be taking notice.

Carney will be on the market from 2008 but Riolo said it was too early to start considering any offers.

He said he had not heard anything from the Panthers about luring Carney to Penrith and that as far as he was concerned the Raiders half would be staying in Canberra.

“We were just worried about getting Toddy’s court case over with and getting him back on the field” Riolo said. “We haven’t talked about beyond 2008.”

Reports have suggested the Panthers have been trying to lure Carney to Penrith. They have also expressed interest in Carney’s team mate Terry Campese.

Both Campese and his manager Jim Banaghan denied having been contacted anyone at the Panthers regarding an offer.

“[Carney’s] pretty happy down there and he’s pretty focussed. The club’s been really good to him through that time” Riolo said referring to Carney’s recent arrest.

Raiders chief Don Furner Jnr believed if Carney received any contract from the Panthers, that he would be one of the first to know.

“If they’re still calling him up or contacting him then I will blow up” Furner said. “I think Toddy or his manager would come to us and tell us. If that did happen it would show how desperate they are.”

The Raiders wouldn’t allow The Canberra Times to speak to Carney about his contract.

The Canberra Times
So Carney> Panthers...;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts