What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
This is some funny sh*t! Inglis is in Origin camp. Do you honestly think he'd be talking to anyone right now?

Don't say that his manager is in talks with them because I saw his manager interviewed the other day and he said he had fielded several enquiries, aka everyone is asking about Inglis. In conclusion any rumour about any Melbourne Origin rep is just rumour based on crap.

my money is also on eelsta..

a few of us actually know who her contacts are and they're impecible..

he may well be fielding several offers and at the end of the day we may well be odds on to sign him but I can tell you there is definitely talks between player, manager and club..

where it goes is anyone's guess but there's definite talks..

Johns Magic

Referee

he may well be fielding several offers and at the end of the day we may well be odds on to sign him but I can tell you there is definitely talks between player, manager and club..

Isn't that illegal at the moment???

Johns Magic

Referee
Knights put interests of game ahead of recruiting

BY ROBERT DILLON
28 Apr, 2010 04:00 AM

THE Knights have agreed to resist the temptation of poaching Melbourne Storm players until season's end, Newcastle chief executive Steve Burraston said yesterday.

Melbourne's 15 rival clubs voted unanimously on Sunday to declare all Storm players off limits for the rest of the 2010 campaign.

One reason cited was that only Brisbane and Newcastle have any significant room to move under their salary cap and therefore have an advantage over the other 13 clubs.

"I think sometimes you've got to make decisions, particularly in crisis, that are for the good of the game," Burraston said yesterday.
"I guess the consensus of our meeting on Sunday was that we had to take a view that was in the best interests of rugby league and that would not be to pull Melbourne apart and destroy the team and the club.

"Both [Broncos chief executive] Bruno Cullen and myself, who were the only two to be in any position to make a bid for any Melbourne players, agreed that was the best thing to do . . . I don't think anyone wants to profit out of this current circumstance.
"I think it just needs to be handled in the right manner by the NRL."

The Knights have some leeway that would allow them to make a mid-season signing after the much-publicised pre-season departures of Danny Wicks and Chris Houston freed up salary cap funds.
Burraston said Newcastle would monitor the Melbourne situation to see what players were likely to be released when the season was over.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...ests-of-game-ahead-of-recruiting/1814279.aspx

The way I read that was that all teams agreed not to negotiate with on-contract Storm players until next year?

Stagger eel

Staff member
what if Melbourne are doing a deal with Parra to buy out his contract??

where does that leave the Dogs who are linked with Cronk and Manu..

Canberra with Manu..

Broncos with Slater and Smith..

Johns Magic

Referee
Pretty sure Sika Manu is off-contract so is free to negotiate with anyone.

The others have all been speculation from fans in here who have nothing to back it up as far as I can tell. Most of it is people trying to add 2 and 2 together(i.e. Slater, Smith and Inglis are from QLD so will go to the Broncos) rather than any solid inside information. I certainly haven't heard any officials come out and talk about it and for good reason.

That's why it's surprising that you're telling us that the Eels are definitely breaking their word to the NRL to get Inglis.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pretty sure Sika Manu is off-contract so is free to negotiate with anyone.

The others have all been speculation from fans in here who have nothing to back it up as far as I can tell. Most of it is people trying to add 2 and 2 together(i.e. Slater, Smith and Inglis are from QLD so will go to the Broncos) rather than any solid inside information. I certainly haven't heard any officials come out and talk about it and for good reason.

That's why it's surprising that you're telling us that the Eels are definitely breaking their word to the NRL to get Inglis.

well this is a rumours thread...;-)

murraymob

Coach

dont want to burst anyones bubble but i know of 1 other club that has spoken to him

Greenbits

Juniors
Knights put interests of game ahead of recruiting

BY ROBERT DILLON
28 Apr, 2010 04:00 AM

THE Knights have agreed to resist the temptation of poaching Melbourne Storm players until season's end, Newcastle chief executive Steve Burraston said yesterday.

Melbourne's 15 rival clubs voted unanimously on Sunday to declare all Storm players off limits for the rest of the 2010 campaign.

One reason cited was that only Brisbane and Newcastle have any significant room to move under their salary cap and therefore have an advantage over the other 13 clubs.

"I think sometimes you've got to make decisions, particularly in crisis, that are for the good of the game," Burraston said yesterday.
"I guess the consensus of our meeting on Sunday was that we had to take a view that was in the best interests of rugby league and that would not be to pull Melbourne apart and destroy the team and the club.

"Both [Broncos chief executive] Bruno Cullen and myself, who were the only two to be in any position to make a bid for any Melbourne players, agreed that was the best thing to do . . . I don't think anyone wants to profit out of this current circumstance.
"I think it just needs to be handled in the right manner by the NRL."

The Knights have some leeway that would allow them to make a mid-season signing after the much-publicised pre-season departures of Danny Wicks and Chris Houston freed up salary cap funds.
Burraston said Newcastle would monitor the Melbourne situation to see what players were likely to be released when the season was over.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...ests-of-game-ahead-of-recruiting/1814279.aspx

The way I read that was that all teams agreed not to negotiate with on-contract Storm players until next year?

:lol: AS if morally bankrupt clubs like the Roo$ters are going to adhere to this. All this will od is give them a headstart.

Tom Ace

Bench
:lol: AS if morally bankrupt clubs like the Roo$ters are going to adhere to this. All this will od is give them a headstart.

dawson-crying.jpg

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't get too excited. I can't see any of Slater, Inglis, Cronk and Smith. Even if everyone else goes. Forwards and outside backs are easier to replace then playmakers even Norrie is playing decent down there

caylo

Bench
I wouldn't get too excited. I can't see any of Slater, Inglis, Cronk and Smith. Even if everyone else goes. Forwards and outside backs are easier to replace then playmakers even Norrie is playing decent down there

if rumours are correct slater, inglis, cronk and smith would be on around 2.2 mil together (considering extra foxsports deals and money not accounted for). That would allow the storm 2 mil dollars to fill 21 positions in 25 man squad. That allows an average of just 95K on average for the rest of the players. This does not take into account payments they have to make to players who they have to let go (i.e they let go hoffman and he is on 350K but is only signed for 200K then 150K must still count to thier cap). Assuming the have to take into account 600K in payments for players that move on (which is probably a conservative number considering they are 1.3mil over the cap for next year) then they actually only have 1.4 million for 21 player which leaves an average of 67K per player and the whole team (more importantly) will be no-names and they will struggle.

i must have missed it but where in this story was the pride of the league mentioned- go play on the road or do your homework or something constructive sunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts