What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
Interesting. The fact that someone very much resembling Cronk spent yesterday in Canberra touring the facilities begs to differ.

He spent a day or two at Parramatta as well, apparently talking to the Eels CEO and their Coach. According to Phil Rothfield, he was about to sign with Parramatta Eels, but Storm keep hard-walling.....
Seems that if he's going anywhere, it will be Parramatta, and that's unlikely, so I wouldn't get your hopes up of him going anywhere else.

Interesting. The fact that someone very much resembling Cronk spent yesterday in Canberra touring the facilities begs to differ.

i heard it was either his twin brother brother Morris Cronk or it may have been the younger brother Mini Cronk you may have seen

Buckshot

Juniors
I don't think the Cowboys will sign Thaiday any time soon . Mum has spoken !!!:lol:

Julie gears up for Thaiday night footy
TOWNSVILLE BULLETIN | August 4th, 2010

THIS Friday night, Julie Thaiday will be at Dairy Farmers Stadium cheering the visiting team against the North Queensland Cowboys.
Not because her son Sam will be playing for the opposition Brisbane Broncos, you understand. No, Julie will be booing and jeering the Cowboys because that's what she does at every home game ... and pays handsomely for the right.
"I kinda got brushed by the Cowboys," Sam Thaiday told Rugby League Week.
"That's why mum's always been filthy at the Cowboys. I think she's a season member up there at Townsville but she goes for every other team that comes to play there, just to rub it in their (face).
"That's why mum really doesn't want me to go home. They didn't want to sign me then, she had to let me go when I was 17 to come down here. That's why she doesn't want me to come back now."
Recent reports have suggested Thaiday is about to do just that; that he will be sacrificed at Red Hill to accommodate Greg Inglis and will be wearing blue, white and silver before you know it.
Previously, the Indigenous All Stars second rower has dismissed that possibility out-of-hand. Now, he says: "I think they're interested in me going up there but I haven't talked to anyone else at the moment except for the Broncos.
"I don't know if they (North Queensland) have spoken to my manager or not but I've told my manager for the time being, I want to talk to the Broncs first and that's my first priority."
Certainly, it will take a lot to convince Julie that the club which indirectly robbed her of her teenage son is now worthy of his services.
"I did one training camp with them once and there were a few scholarships up for grabs ... but I never really got offered one," Sam recalls.
"I remember Murray Hurst was there when I was a little bit younger and he showed a bit of interest in me but he was never there long enough.
"By the time I was playing some good football in Townsville, Murray Hurst was on his way out."
For now, however, it's all about getting the Broncos back into the top eight and keeping them there. Not so long ago, walking on the moon would have seemed more straightforward.
"One to 17 every week was busting their butt but through a little bit of a lack of experience with a lot of young kids in the side, it was hard to really grind out those wins," Thaiday says. "But that tough period, when we look back now, was pretty good for the team. We were able to blood a lot of players, some new young talent, and we found some good little players in there that in previous years may not have been in the side even."
Thaiday predicts Matt Gillett will be Brisbane's rookie of the year but wants to be around to see Ben Hunt, Josh Hoffman Corey Norman and the rest come of age, too.
"In a perfect world, I'd love to stay in Brisbane until I retire," he says.
"I'd love to captain the side. I'd love to win more premierships. I'd love to do a lot of things here in Brisbane still."
Just what mum wants to hear.
Read the full Thaiday interview in the latest edition of Rugby League Week

Charlie124

First Grade
Lol, so sam had one training session with the cowboys when he was 17 and didnt get offered a contract so his mother holds the (mother) of all grudges and goes to all thier games just to boo them?
How petty is this woman?

Bench
Lol, so sam had one training session with the cowboys when he was 17 and didnt get offered a contract so his mother holds the (mother) of all grudges and goes to all thier games just to boo them?
How petty is this woman?
Petty enough to see Sam never plays for the Cowboys I would suspect,blokes always stick by their mother.

boxhead

First Grade
According to pretty much every Eels' fan or website in existence.....
Cooper Cronk to Parramatta Eels.
You wouldn't believe how many Eels fans claim they have 'close contact' with Eels management.....but one thing *is* hopeful for Parra fans, despite everything else going against them;
all the 'rumours' say the exact same thing :sarcasm:

Avenger

Immortal
According to pretty much every Eels' fan or website in existence.....
Cooper Cronk to Parramatta Eels.
You wouldn't believe how many Eels fans claim they have 'close contact' with Eels management.....but one thing *is* hopeful for Parra fans, despite everything else going against them;
all the 'rumours' say the exact same thing :sarcasm:

and it will be announced after round 26. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts