What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2011/2012 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should there be a limit?

Everyone is talking about how there isn't enough talent to fill 16 teams, let alone 18 teams.

And then you have the way origin rapes half the season. Who does it benefit to have a limit on overseas players?

It's not good for the comp, the fans, developing countries (and I consider England one).

The more overseas guys in the comp the less the quality decline during Origin period.

:lol: What a load of crap, there are plenty of forwards in the NRL that and the NSW cup that the Rabittohs could have made a play for.

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol:
Should get you a Souths hat. We've got the best of Melbourne and Wigan developing into a nice thing here at Souths.

But it's not like the Poms thought twice about pillaging our players for years.

And the more of them in the NRL the better they will be at international footy.

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol: What a load of crap, there are plenty of forwards in the NRL that and the NSW cup that the Rabittohs could have made a play for.
Not many young rep players around. And if there are they're more expensive than Mossop.

And if the Aussie players come to us and do get good they play origin which affects us for a long stretch of the season.

If I have 2 similar talents available for a similar price and one is a pom/kiwi and one is an aussie, I take the pom/kiwi every day of the week.

We already have our best player being a constant origin player. The more we limit ourselves to the origin effect, the better.

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
Why should there be a limit?

Everyone is talking about how there isn't enough talent to fill 16 teams, let alone 18 teams.

And then you have the way origin rapes half the season. Who does it benefit to have a limit on overseas players?

It's not good for the comp, the fans, developing countries (and I consider England one).

The more overseas guys in the comp the less the quality decline during Origin period.
I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Should get you a Souths hat. We've got the best of Melbourne and Wigan developing into a nice thing here at Souths.

8-1.gif

Patorick

Staff member
^ Is that KD Lang second from the left?

(Adjusts Wigan hat)

How about one English-qualified player per each NRL team?

Share the love around.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
^ Is that KD Lang second from the left?

(Adjusts Wigan hat)

How about one English-qualified player per each NRL team?

Share the love around.
It's a free market. Noone is stopping the other teams from looking over there for talent.

We can't help it if our scouting system is bigger and more in depth than some other teams.

Parra Pride

Referee
Parra since 2010 really are reminding me of Souths from 2002-2006. And they can't use being almost broke as an excuse.

Like us in those years, they re-sign shit players, they lose good talent, they recruit overpaid mediocre players. Just so much bad. And the worrying thing is they've already had a regime change to try and change things and if anything they've gone backwards since the change.

The difference being We've made 2 Grand Finals in the 11 years prior, as well 2 Grand Final qualifiers, and 2 minor premierships, but take all that away and I suppose there are slight similarities.

The Joker

Juniors
thats the least bitchin' news ive heard today, we better have a bloody good plan lined up for hooker because Payne is surely getting close to his last legs.

The Cowboys were interested in Matt Ballin. Not sure if that's still the case. I know the Raiders were chasing him too and dropped out a few days ago

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I cannot begin to fathom how horrendous the Eels recruitment department is, I mean Travis f**king Burns and Darcy Lussick? He may be a very passionate footballer but thats where it ends.

Are these guys intentionally trying to run Parra into the ground or something ? We need Parra to be competitive and not challenge for the spoon; and thats what these signings are leading them too.
You dont need to "fathom" anything my friend, because ur opinion doesn't matter who ever u are.
PS
Burns would be a great signing.!

Tiger5150

Bench

Given up on the best from Redfern?

Status
Not open for further replies.