What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

some11

Referee
Rugby League Week said:
Brilliant Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans could be set for a shock move to Brisbane next season. Cherry-Evans' manager Gavin Orr is considering asking Manly for a release after the Sea Eagle allegedly failed to meet several third-party agreements in the 24 year old's contract.

The Broncos are desperate to sign a top notch No.7 following Penrith's bid for their current playmaker Peter Wallace. Penrith insiders are confident Wallace will accept a deal to return to Sydney soon, leaving the Broncos desperately short of halfback talent.

Cherry-Evans accepted a lucrative upgrade of his existing deal only last season and is tied to Manly until the end of 2015' but Orr claims the club has failed to come though on more than one third-party agreement, putting his client's future in limbo.

"There are some problems with his deal but I don't want to go into exact details" Orr says. "Daly is a Brisbane boy and played footy in the Sunshine Coast and (the Broncos) were keen to sign him a couple of seasons ago".

"There is some interest up there again and I will talk to Manly and talk to Daly and see what we will be doing over the next few days". A tight-lipped Broncos football operations manager Andrew Gee refused to comment on the status of negotiations with either Wallace or Cherry-Evans.

"We don't comment on player retention and recruitment," Gee says. "We know internally what is going on and I will leave it at that."

ceagle

Bench
Is this another ploy by DCE manager to break get a release from contract and get another upgrade?

Grapple

Bench
DCE would be another classic Brisbane half in my opinion. You could see why Broncos would want another Langer, Lockyer type player given their history.

Ladmate

Bench
Manly won't let Cherry Evans go. He's by far their most important player going forward for the next 5 years.

beads6

First Grade
You would expect the Dogs are after Tomkins so they can get rid of Barba?? I doubt they could fit Tomkins in and keep all their top line talent.

aussie7798

First Grade
You would expect the Dogs are after Tomkins so they can get rid of Barba?? I doubt they could fit Tomkins in and keep all their top line talent.

Tomkins was looking for around 1 million a season doubt barba is getting enough to squeeze that in

Status
Not open for further replies.