What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
So apparently Parra are looking at a Beonco star and could nab him. Looked at their off contract list and to me only 3 stand out Norman, Reed and Gillett. Hope it's Gillett

DoggiesBro

Juniors
A lot of these guys at the dogs are in for huge pay increases. Reynolds from 60k to 350k takes up a nice chunk. Barba would be bigger.

Taking over Inu and Perrett's full contracts wouldn't help either.

Jono Wright must have been on a motza!

Mate Barba is under contract till 2015.

Inu was a unwanted reserve grade player. What do you think he's on 500k?

Dogs have the salary cap increase to spend like everyone else. We have 3rd partys too.

The thing people make the mistake of here is as I said before outside of Tony Williams noone is on massive money.

Storm have Smith, Slater, Cronk.
Manly have Stewart bro's, Watmough, Foran, DCE
Broncos Thaiday, Hanannt, Hodges
Titans, Idris, Bird, Myles, Taylor
Roosters SBW, Jennings, Pearce
Cowboys Scott, Tamou, Tariq
Raiders Dugan, Campese
Sharks Gallen, Lewis
Rabbitohs Burgess, Inglis etc etc

It goes on. The dogs have Pritchard on 400k off contract and a bunch of other players on solid money but noone on 500k+ outside of Tony Williams.

Hell even pawwamatta have Sandow, Hayne soon Hoppa on stupid money.

The Dogs have plenty of money coming off contract in Tolman, Pritchard, Eastwood, Halatau, Turner, Hodkinson, Keating. Have lost Payne and have 800k+ in the salary cap this year to use along with the same increase every other club gets next year in 2014. That is millions of dollars above.

They can easily be in the market for a few top players if they are losing a few of them. People just don't like it. Though it's obviously a fact otherwise JT wouldn't be spoted at the Dogs.

natheel

Coach
The Dogs have paid Tony Williams 500k?? hahahahhaha

Waste of money really when you look at the talent coming through who they will probably lose now because of Williams

Jackson being the main one.

They didn't need him at all

Like they don't need Folau or Thurston atleast on the money they would command.

A team like penrith I understand throwing huge money because they're desperate.

My tip is still he will stay at cowboys with Reynolds re-signing the killer for the dogs to miss out on thurston.

Folau to dogs

DoggiesBro

Juniors
The Dogs have paid Tony Williams 500k?? hahahahhaha

Paid him 600k from reports. Though if you put that into prospective of the new cap increases now. It's basically like paying Pritchard 400k. Not a bad signing for a bloke coming into his prime years and considering how devastating he can be.

Hell Manly, Eels and a few others tried the same thing. Des is the winner.

Though I like how you all missed the point. Point is Dogs now have one bloke on 500k+.

Also the fact we have a huge amount of cash coming off contract and outside of Reynolds none of them are going to be getting a big upgrade. A few will likely retire, and a few will either move on to England or be paid more elsewhere (rumour Tolman to Souths) with a few likely to be told to go else where likely in Hodkinson. With Jackson & Finucane coming through and under contract for another year or so, it is unlikely the Dogs will offer Pritchard the money he wants to stay on.

Anyway will soon see what happens. People are screaming Dogs can't afford JT or whatever though seriously? Cowboys have just re-signed Tamou & Scott. Both of which would be in the top 2 paid players at the Dogs. Have blokes like Tariq & Tamaloloa wrapped up. Have blokes like Gavin Cooper, Linnett extending. Ash Graham. If JT stayed it would be no more of a shock then signing with the Dogs. The only club who should have more money to spend is the Panthers and the reason they have is losing Jennings, Lewis on huge money. Yet they still had pressure cause McKendry, Grant, Coote on huge money. It's because it was poorly ran.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Read above it lists Halatau, Turner, Keating & Hodkinson all playing for a contract.

Keating is off contract he signed a 1 year + 1 year deal in the clubs favour. Read previous pages from fox comforimation.

Please tell me how we can't afford JT.

Hodkinson, Keating, Halatau, Turner, Pritchard, Eastwood, Tolman off contract. What are they on nothing? Pritchard was our highest paid player prior to Tony Williams. 400k a year Pritchard was sitting on. Hodkinson 280k (though most on here claimed him on 300k+ to bag the Dogs due to him being injured and a poor signing thus far) Do we not have the salary cap increase all other clubs get? Do we not have 3rd party? Was he at the club being shown round only to say he we can't afford you but have a look...

Most clubs have a few players on huge money like 500k+, the Dogs now have one in Tony Williams.

We have enough in the players listed and the salary cap increase + 3rd party to sign JT twice.

As I have already told you, I know Keats personally and had the second year of his contract agreed to last year, I don't need to read the above list, I can text him.

natheel

Coach
As I have already told you, I know Keats personally and had the second year of his contract agreed to last year, I don't need to read the above list, I can text him.

Mate he won't listen. He takes articles without quotes from Keating over an article with quotes from keating

DoggiesBro

Juniors

Oh sure bud:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Will come back to this at the end of the season.

Last edited:

stuke

Bench
Inu may have been playing reserve grade but he wasn't being paid reserve grade cash. No way would he made the move back to Australia for a loss in money.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Inu may have been playing reserve grade but he wasn't being paid reserve grade cash. No way would he made the move back to Australia for a loss in money.

Yeh it's not like he said he was miserable in New Zealand and wanted to return to his Church in Sydney or anything.

He was playing terrible football for a while, he would of easily been a reasonable player to throw a huge amount of money at for a giant punt that you could turn him around. Des & Todd would deff have been keen to do that.

He would of demanded at least 1,000,000 a year. Des & Todd would of been stupid not to do so as he was completely justifying huge money :crazy:

People were saying when he signed enjoy him he isn't worth anything he will be a nightmare etc bla bla bla. He turned it round and now he's apperently worth a mint.

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Norman to the Eels??? Broncos could continue to lose players.

Could also turn out to be number 10000000000001 to turn down a stupid amount of money from Pawwa.

Though I doubt Broncos are foolish enough to pay him the money Pawwa will. He can be there 4th or 5th player on 500k+

Fingerbang

Bench
You forgot Klemmer's upgrade too, bro....apparently his manager is asking $400k per year after 2013.

And it is all good to release all the guys you mentioned, but you can't replace that many from your squad with just one player (JT). You have to replace everyone released with another body, be it another signing or bringing one of your second tier players or juniors into the top squad. And we all know Toddy doesn't like the junior option. So every other player signed is going to need to be paid as well.

RWB

Bench
lol at thinking James Graham wouldn't be one of the best paid props in the comp. He'd be earning 400k quite easily this year.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
You forgot Klemmer's upgrade too, bro....apparently his manager is asking $400k per year after 2013.

And it is all good to release all the guys you mentioned, but you can't replace that many from your squad with just one player (JT). You have to replace everyone released with another body, be it another signing or bringing one of your second tier players or juniors into the top squad. And we all know Toddy doesn't like the junior option. So every other player signed is going to need to be paid as well.

Apperently to who? Some nuffie. Nice one. :lol::lol::lol:

I've got no doubt he will be worth it at some stage though right now...

Yeh he's asking three quarters of what the best players in the game are on without playing NRL yet.

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
lol at thinking James Graham wouldn't be one of the best paid props in the comp. He'd be earning 400k quite easily this year.

He was rumoured at 300k a year. That's not me claiming it as fact. It's just the rumour. Makes it even more funny about old mates Klemmer at 400k claim.

If Matt Scott & James Tamou are getting 600k do the maths.

Maybe pawwa might offer someone like Klemmer who has proven nothing 400k though even that I doubt.

This time next year we might all agree he is worth that much, we also might also agree he is just another under 20 who failed to deliver. I'm betting he will deliver though again does anyone for one second believe a under 20 player who is yet to play nrl is asking as much as international & origin forwards who have been in the nrl for years...

Josh Reynolds is rumoured to be getting 350k a year and he has a bright of prospect as any and he is a half. Hard seeing any young prop getting 400k a year, especially someone who hasn't even played NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts