What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek999

First Grade
Gordon + Graham to return to Panthers, should Flanno be sacked.

Missing out on Thurston has given them a lot of coin to spend. Read somewhere they freed well over $1 mil just to sign JT. Don't know if there is enough talent on the market especially in the halves.

Maybe they could outbid Parra for Norman :D

Spot On

Coach
Highly doubt Barba is gone for the year, I also highly doubt anyone has a clue. Including Matty Johns who says hes back for round 3.

The fact is no one bar Ben himself and his manager and most likely Todd and Des have any idea of a time frame.

I will be very surprised if he's back at the Bulldogs - ever.

Has Des Hasler come out and supported him at all since this happened?

franklin2323

Immortal
Now Thurston is off the market Hayne looks to be the next one in line to be sought after. But the only negotiations are with Parra. Just need to sort out the numbers and it'll be done. Says he is happy at Eels.

Yeah Parra have the cash to keep him & doesn't seem like he wants to go so he will stay.

That aside we don't need a fb. So can't see us going for him. Whare wants to play 1. NSW cup has a quality 1. NYC have 2 good fullbacks 1 is 16 & will be a star. So getting a top half is different then a FB that we have plenty of.

ek999

First Grade
Comparing Whare to Hayne is like comparing a Datsun to a Ferrari. I wouldn't leave Hayne alone in the hope a 16 year old could be a star

cv8z

Juniors
Comparing Whare to Hayne is like comparing a Datsun to a Ferrari. I wouldn't leave Hayne alone in the hope a 16 year old could be a star

Not too many clubs would knock back the chance to sign up Hayne if they could.
Regardless of their roster

franklin2323

Immortal

So you would pay 700-800k for a player in a position where there's options everywhere?

We have Moylan, Moss, Dallin Watene-Zeleniak (Will play for NSW) all can do the job long term.

Compare to our halves. Walsh (terrible), John ( a fringe Fger) then makeshift halves in Humble, Coote, Austin. We get Hayne we don't fix the halves problem

Whare wouldn't be my choice either the fact they are getting him trained up there shows they see him as the long term 1. Naiqama at 1 Whare centre is the better option.

ek999

First Grade
So you would pay 700-800k for a player in a position where there's options everywhere?

We have Moylan, Moss, Dallin Watene-Zeleniak (Will play for NSW) all can do the job long term.

Compare to our halves. Walsh (terrible), John ( a fringe Fger) then makeshift halves in Humble, Coote, Austin. We get Hayne we don't fix the halves problem

Whare wouldn't be my choice either the fact they are getting him trained up there shows they see him as the long term 1. Naiqama at 1 Whare centre is the better option.

I am assumiong Dallin Watene-Zeleniak is the 16 year old. He will hardly be ready for first grade for at least another 4 or 5 years. Go after Sam Williams too. No way Hayne and Williams combined would be able to get the money you were offering Thurston. Suddenly Penrith have a very strong spine

Packy

Bench
f**k I would laugh if the Eels sign Normal and the Broncos snake Hayne..

And then I would hate it cos I f**kin hate the Broncos but mother f**ker it would be funny.

franklin2323

Immortal
I am assumiong Dallin Watene-Zeleniak is the 16 year old. He will hardly be ready for first grade for at least another 4 or 5 years. Go after Sam Williams too. No way Hayne and Williams combined would be able to get the money you were offering Thurston. Suddenly Penrith have a very strong spine

Yeah that's him. He has size and speed and should be our winger next year.
Yeah but what if Williams is a dud? JT you know was quality so You can go all out for him
Rather get 2 young halves like (Williams and Townsend) and Folau or going after proven Match winners Farah or Carney.

Then we can sign other quality like we got with Taylor

RWB

Bench

Hayne's a ball playing fullback, not a traditional one. I can see why people would think he'd add to the lack of creative ball playing options currently in the team.

He'd be an incredibly good signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts