What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
He didn't have 2 years out of the game ?

Was on a 2 year break and "you were happy to take him"?? :lol:

You paid massive overs for him before he left and threw in a coaching gig for daddy.

Thanks for taking a punt :sarcasm:

T.S Quint

Coach
Peats wasn't wanted
Norman wasn't wanted
Hopoate was on a 2 year gap and we were happy to take him

Foran and Sandow are the 2 we poached that were wanted by other clubs

Also Watmough wanted out of Manly.

Who cares if we have got a few players from other clubs. Souths have done it in the past and still do. All clubs do it

All of this is garbage.
We bought players from other clubs. They weren't discards. There isn't anything wrong with it, and I don't know why you want to believe differently.

BranVan3000

Coach
I totally agree with you there. I love AJ. He's probably one of my favourites to watch but he only debuted in Round 8 last year so to get anything over 250k is too much IMO. If it came down to a choice between him and Turgess I'd take Turgess. Not saying I wouldn't want AJ but forwards are integral to a teams go forward and GI can create those same finishing passes for whoever we'd bring in to replace him. Of course I'd prefer we kept both ;-)

Yup Turgess first would be a no brainer.
I hope we keep AJ, but I'd describe him as being closer to Merritt than he is to GI at this point in his career.

That said he is as safe as a house under the high ball and can be a threat coming back. And is a great defender as well. Definitely hope we keep him, the amounts being thrown around are too much though

Frankly I'd have Walker as my incumbent fullback before AJ at this point.

natheel

Coach
Geez there's some revisionist history in this one. Couldn't care less about the purchasing/poaching issue back and forward, but this is a pretty lol post.

Peats was released from his contract because of an opportunity, not because Souths weren't happy to keep him on their books. Same deal as with Koriosau

Norman -Griffin was confident of him staying but the offer was too good to turn down. He wasn't unwanted.

Hopoate - Eels signed him in advance before his mission. You make it sound like you took him in like a stray puppy.

Peats yes he was signed and sealed with Souths but if they wanted to keep him they wouldn't have let him go out of his contract

Norman was stuck at fullback and not seen as a five eight eels did. Wasn't wanted

Hopoate fair enough we got him before his mission

But people saying we are picking teams apart is ridiculous. (Mostly Souths fans)

natheel

Coach
All of this is garbage.
We bought players from other clubs. They weren't discards. There isn't anything wrong with it, and I don't know why you want to believe differently.

Never said they were discards mate

Just said they weren't wanted (Peats and Norman)

Which in a sense is true. Souths were happy to release him and Broncos didn't see Norman as a five eight but as their fullback. We gave them a chance in their positions they wanted to play fulltime

Disco

Bench
Myles, J Wallace and D Fifita link to Manly

Apparently Elgey was meant to come down last week for a tour of facilities

And also T Burgess is meant to me very clise to signing

None of this is my own info, just taken from various forums and media sources

Basically an attempt to get this thread back on track

Kiwi

First Grade

Which in a sense is true. Souths were happy to release him and Broncos didn't see Norman as a five eight but as their fullback. We gave them a chance in their positions they wanted to play fulltime
You can't say a player wasn't wanted just becauae it wasn't in their preferred position. Norman was wanted, just not for the money the Eels threw at him. So say Norman was unwanted is false.

Kiwi

First Grade

Would hate to see Wallace leave. Hopefully the fact yhat Bennett is using him more and his game is improving under Bennett he will stay. Wallace, Molo and Joe O are the future of our front row rotation

Matrix

Juniors

Not true Peats had a contract with souths who were happy to honour it but parra offered him $250,000 a year and a starting spot which souths couldnt, so they didnt stand in his way.He was only on about $80,000 at souths and although he was playing most games off the bench he made 16 appearances in his last year with souths.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Not true Peats had a contract with souths who were happy to honour it but parra offered him $250,000 a year and a starting spot which souths couldnt, so they didnt stand in his way.He was only on about $80,000 at souths and although he was playing most games off the bench he made 16 appearances in his last year with souths.

He loves it at Parra, and will win a comp with them in near future....happy days.

Rhyno

First Grade
Manly trying to get Foran to backflip.

They should be chasing DCE he sounds like he wants to stay

Last edited:

A trip to the Brookvale sandpit is sure to impress

Status