What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagles4eva

First Grade
If reports a. True then they already did with $1.1mil offered at Christmas time to both halves

Didn't he sign for 1.4 for the Eels???.. Class player who will be awesome at the Eels. I just don't think he is worth that much..

I would have preferred to see the Eagles throw that much at DCE

natheel

Coach
Didn't he sign for 1.4 for the Eels???.. Class player who will be awesome at the Eels. I just don't think he is worth that much..

I would have preferred to see the Eagles throw that much at DCE

1.2mil. Most likely 800k counting towards the cap and the rest as 3rd party. Either way if all reports are true then Manly and Parra didn't really get into a bidding war

Jellybean

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lback-roger-tuivasasheck-20150407-1mg6hr.html

The Warriors are set to swoop on Roger Tuivasa-Sheck with the Roosters fullback on the verge of signing a deal upwards of $800,000 per season deal to join the New Zealand club from next year.
The contract offer is almost double that of the Roosters, who have offered about $400,000 a year to keep the Kiwi international at the club. The move is almost certain to signal the end of Sam Tomkins' two-year stint at the Warriors with the Englishman set to return to the Super League next year because of his homesick partner.
It comes as a cruel blow to the Roosters who have groomed Tuivasa-Sheck to be the club's long-term fullback following the retirement of Anthony Minichiello at the end of last year. The injured Blake Ferguson shapes as a potential No.1 for the Roosters beyond this year.
The Warriors have struggled to attract big-name players to the club after missing out on luring the likes of Kieran Foran, Trent Merrin and Jason Taumalolo to the club for next season.
Tuivasa-Sheck has been in scintillating form for the Roosters this year. He become just the 13thplayer in the NRL to run for more than 300 metres in a game during the Roosters' last-start loss to the Sharks.
The fleet-footed 21-year-old finished with 300 metres from his 28 runs which included two line breaks, six tackle breaks and a long-range try.
His younger brother Johnny - who is also an outside back - is part of the Roosters' under-20s team and played in the club's premiership-winning under-18 SG Ball side last year.
The Roosters will now turn their attention to signing Ferguson on a long-term contract while they also have representative outside backs Daniel Tupou and Shaun Kenny-Dowall off-contract at the end of this season. The Roosters have secured forwards Dylan Napa and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves to long-term contracts. Five-eighth James Maloney is also off-contract at season's end. Tuivasa-Sheck has played seven Tests for the Kiwis since making his NRL debut in 2012.
Tuivasa-Sheck said he had taken time to adjust to the full-time fullback position.
"Usually when I was on the wing I'd be running between six to seven kilometres a game," Tuivasa-Sheck told Fairfax Media in March.
"I had to lose a bit more weight to run around. Last year I was playing at 95kg to 97kg. This year I'm back down to 92kg or 93kg to try and cover the field m

POPEYE

Coach
Uncle Nick has enough trouble with Willis Meehan, I know someone who'll be kicking his dogs and the garbage bin at the thought of losing two of his favourites

BunniesMan

Immortal
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck -> Warriors
Tomkins -> ESL

Tomkins was never, is not now, and never will be good enough for the NRL. RTS a huge uprade for the same price (800k a year).

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hoppity continues to show how clueless he is.

He was never going to be at the top, but to say he isn't good enough for NRL is just wrong.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
As for the rumour - yawn.

Tomkins has been "homesick" since round 2 last year. Warriors have been throwing 800k - 1 million at every player that has a manager willing to name drop to the media.

When/if it happens, it happens, but until then it's just Chinese whispers

Weird thing is that Tomkins was quoted in an article saying he was loving it here and happy to talk contract extension. A week later come a rush of unquoted sources saying he wants out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts