What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench
They were going to sign Taumalolo/For an whilst Tomkin's was there, they would just have a lot of cap space.

You as a rooster fan should appreciate the irony,if easts were trying to sign a decent player the cap cheats chants would be out,but parra,warriors or titans can sign whoever they want for ridiculios amounts of money with out a word spoken.

Burns

First Grade
Heartbroken. Can't hold it against him the reasons for going, will be very difficult to replace.

Noname36

First Grade
Right before his teammates play the Sharks. Thanks Buzz.

Heartbroken as a Knights fan but can't hold it against him given the reason for leaving. Family comes first.

You as a rooster fan should appreciate the irony,if easts were trying to sign a decent player the cap cheats chants would be out,but parra,warriors or titans can sign whoever they want for ridiculios amounts of money with out a word spoken.
I think it shows just how more advanced and sophisticated the Roosters fan base is.

We are better then you.

nick87

Coach
Obviously there is reasons for this from a personal point of view and that is what it is.

From a playing stand point, it looked to me as if Scott was done 2-3 years ago, and then he seemed to get a 2nd win and has been really strong, but it cant last forever, he's going to crash back to earth and i reckon it'll be pretty soon. Hope the Eels havent paid too much for him

Noname36

First Grade
Obviously there is reasons for this from a personal point of view and that is what it is.

From a playing stand point, it looked to me as if Scott was done 2-3 years ago, and then he seemed to get a 2nd win and has been really strong, but it cant last forever, he's going to crash back to earth and i reckon it'll be pretty soon. Hope the Eels havent paid too much for him

It's not so much the loss of what he does on the field (although that has been awesome) but more he's the side's leader and for that he's not really replaceable. Obviously we knew he couldn't play on forever but the club thought he'd be around long enough for Korbin, Rochow, Tapine, Stockwell, etc to get a bit older. It's a double blow really because Smith will probably retire at the end of the year.

Swarzey

Bench
Obviously I'm disappointed but we've got some great talent, Rochow gets his starting spot and Joe Tapine is a machine, gets that bench spot. Obviously the defensive effort and leadership will be missed but we're not exactly f**ked. Good on the club for releasing him despite having another two years left too.

Best of luck at Parra. Hope he continues to play well.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Good pick up, but as others have said it's not really the area of need for them.

As well as Watmough, Ma'u, and Moeroa they still have Joel Edwards to come back from injury next season.

nick87

Coach
It's not so much the loss of what he does on the field (although that has been awesome) but more he's the side's leader and for that he's not really replaceable. Obviously we knew he couldn't play on forever but the club thought he'd be around long enough for Korbin, Rochow, Tapine, Stockwell, etc to get a bit older. It's a double blow really because Smith will probably retire at the end of the year.

Yeah i dont follow the club enough to know what standing he has in that team and community but if its how you put it there, it's a big blow for the Knights

Tariq Sims will help soften the blow

Bench
Another backrower Parra? How many do you need!

And he wouldn't be cheap,throw in Foran $1.2mil,Watmough $800k,Sandow $550k and Hoppa $800k that is one stretchy cap they have going there,not to mention a really old backrow of Choc and Beau..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts