What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram raid

Bench
I hope so. Gold Coast needs a local product working with dce.

Yeah I agree. The more QLDers playing in QLD the better IMO.

GC have reportedly matched Manly's offer so unless the kid wants to move I don't see why he'd leave. Plus he gets to play with DCE next year which must be attractive.

nick87

Coach
desperate for the Titans to keep Elgey. If they do that there is ZERO chance they launch a last minute pre round 13 attempt to keep Sezer from completing his deal with the raiders

Stranga

Juniors
desperate for the Titans to keep Elgey. If they do that there is ZERO chance they launch a last minute pre round 13 attempt to keep Sezer from completing his deal with the raiders

Sezer isn't turning his back on the Raiders.

He stopped negotiations with the Tits to talk to your club, then signed without giving the Tits a chance to equal the offer.

Oh, and they offered 300, you guys offered 500k :shock:. He'd be insane to walk away from overs like that.

super_coach

First Grade
I call bullshit by the lurker. He said that nofo 'early season form was poor' despite the fact that his first game was 3 weeks ago and he got injured in his second.

I think this one may have legs, Tigers just resigned Nagima, Richards wants another year and Taylor has rumored to be talking to Tapou from the chooks. Hate to see Nofo go but I think Taylor has other plans

ram raid

Bench
I hope that we retain him. Where did you read that he is going to stay ???

It was in an interview with Henry. That might not mean much, but he said that retaining him was the clubs #1 priority and they weren't perusing any other halves. If what he said is true, they are willing to match Manly's offer, so unless he wants to go to Sydney for non financial reasons GC should be able to sign him. With Myles going they can chuck all his salary at Elgey.

Incorrect

Coach

With DCE heading to the Titans, I don't think Sezer announcing he is moving on is quite the crushing blow you think it might be for them... The only thing stopping Sezer playing the halves for the Raiders in 2016 is the man who signed him... No doubt Sticky will use his halves, Sezer and/or Austin, at various times next season as scapegoats and bring McCrone back to the top grade for one of them...

Veiled criticism of Stuart aside, the Raiders are assembling a decent team;
1. Wighton
6. Ausin
7. Sezer
9. Hodgson

With some decent outside backs like Lee, Croker and Waqa there's the makings of a decent team. Soliola has been a great buy. Looks like they are getting Tamou. Although unless he can somehow re-capture his early 2013 form, that might not be such a good buy.

Definitely no excuses for Mr Teflon next year (if in fact he is still the coach come 2016!).

Edit - what happened to that big bloke that debuted in the outside backs last year, Brenko Lee???

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Sezer isn't turning his back on the Raiders.

He stopped negotiations with the Tits to talk to your club, then signed without giving the Tits a chance to equal the offer.

Oh, and they offered 300, you guys offered 500k :shock:. He'd be insane to walk away from overs like that.

Is this a f**king joke?

nick87

Coach
With DCE heading to the Titans, I don't think Sezer announcing he is moving on is quite the crushing blow you think it might be for them... The only thing stopping Sezer playing the halves for the Raiders in 2016 is the man who signed him... No doubt Sticky will use his halves, Sezer and/or Austin, at various times next season as scapegoats and bring McCrone back to the top grade for one of them...

Veiled criticism of Stuart aside, the Raiders are assembling a decent team;
1. Wighton
6. Ausin
7. Sezer
9. Hodgson

With some decent outside backs like Lee, Croker and Waqa there's the makings of a decent team. Soliola has been a great buy. Looks like they are getting Tamou. Although unless he can somehow re-capture his early 2013 form, that might not be such a good buy.

Definitely no excuses for Mr Teflon next year (if in fact he is still the coach come 2016!).

Edit - what happened to that big bloke that debuted in the outside backs last year, Brenko Lee???

100% agree. Stuart wont have a lack of talent to blame if he fails. We should be a finals team next year, locked up.

Brenko is still around but he's still eligable for 20's, he's struggled a bit this year. Starting to wonder about him, but his upside is incredible. Unfortunately his floor is also very low

Incorrect

Coach
I feel sorry for Morts. Seems like a good kid. Sadly not destined for very much it seems.

Don't get feeling too sorry for him... he's probably made something like 1.5m over the course of the last 7 years of first grade footy, if not more, despite being a fairly limited player as you mention... If he's smart, and I'm sure his parents would have made sure of this, he would used/invested his money wisley and he'll have ensured a comfortable existence post footy...

I maintain though that he should pay some sort of royalties to Jarryd Hayne and Fuifui Moimoi for propelling him down that road of relative riches gained since 2009... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts