What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
I can see Souths getting Mansour. Panthers have too many players in the same position to throw as much money at him as the Souths would be willing to pay due to having nowhere near the same quality/depth for the wing.

We might value him at $200k or so, while he's probably worth atleast $300k to the Souths (not saying those are the figures, just that Souths could probably get better value out of him even if they're paying 50% more then we are). I just hope that losing him insures that we keep George Jennings. Can see our 2015 line-up being:

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2. Kevin Naiqama / George Jennings / Eto Nabouli / David Simmons
3. Jamal Idris
4. Dean Whare
5. Kevin Naiqama / George Jennings / Eto Nabouli / David Simmons

Unless Matty Moylan manages to keep his fullback spot, in which case you can throw DWZ onto one of those wings. I look forward to when David Simmons is permanently out of the team. He does a decent job for us, but we have so many special talents with pace, strength and promising careers ahead of them. He's reliable and would be perfect as depth only. Not a great first choice though IMO.

unbreaK

Juniors
Can see our 2015 line-up being:

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2. Kevin Naiqama / George Jennings / Eto Nabouli / David Simmons
3. Jamal Idris
4. Dean Whare
5. Kevin Naiqama / George Jennings / Eto Nabouli / David Simmons

Moylan has done more than enough from the games that I've watched to prove his worth at fullback, if I was a Panthers fan I'd be looking forward to:

1. Moylan
2. Watene-Zelezniak
3. Idris
4. Whare
5. K.Naiqama

Charlie124

First Grade
Charlie, serious question, how do you rate Tariq?
Have watched him closely lately given that he (along with every 2nd player mentioned) has been linked with Saints.
I'm underwhelmed.
Am I being harsh or has his form not recovered after the two breaks?

I'd be interested in Charlie's opinion also since Hutty I think said to me he'd welcome Tariq with open arms

Look, I still rate Tariq highly, no doubt he has great talent and he seems like a genuinely good bloke too. id rather we keep him but if he wants to return to Sydney, then so be it. HOWEVER, i think since his second broken leg he seems to be becoming more of just a solid everyday back rower that every club has and less like the impact x-factor wrecking ball that he was when when he was getting the attention of rep selectors. He just doesnt have that 'edge' anymore, so you're right to feel underwhelmed if youre comparing him to what you saw when he first burst on to the scene but I think he's got heaps to offer to any potential new club and if he does end up at the Dragons i reckon he'll go well.

Hope that helps.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm hearing Benji to the Storm is an absolute rock solid done deal. Will be official within the next week.

You heard it here 1st.

Charlie124

First Grade
I'm hearing Benji to the Storm is an absolute rock solid done deal. Will be official within the next week.

You heard it here 1st.

No, I heared it on Sterlo and then The Footy Show, after first hearing it on this forum from other people. And so did you.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'd be interested in Charlie's opinion also since Hutty I think said to me he'd welcome Tariq with open arms

100% pops. Cracking player and one who I think is still trying to regain his confidence after two terrible leg injuries. Like JT, I hear he does plenty of community work in Townsville and sounds like a top bloke

BranVan3000

Coach
Look, I still rate Tariq highly, no doubt he has great talent and he seems like a genuinely good bloke too. id rather we keep him but if he wants to return to Sydney, then so be it. HOWEVER, i think since his second broken leg he seems to be becoming more of just a solid everyday back rower that every club has and less like the impact x-factor wrecking ball that he was when when he was getting the attention of rep selectors. He just doesnt have that 'edge' anymore, so you're right to feel underwhelmed if youre comparing him to what you saw when he first burst on to the scene but I think he's got heaps to offer to any potential new club and if he does end up at the Dragons i reckon he'll go well.

Hope that helps.

While we are tapping your wisdom, what do you think of Grevsmuhl?

Charlie124

First Grade
Unfortunately ive got absolutely no idea about Grevsmuhl, i just havent seen enough of him play. Beave might be the one to ask about him.

insert.pause

First Grade
There's no way that Melbourne can afford Marshall, even with his below average form, he's still a former golden boot winner, it's absurd to think that they would have 3 golden boot winners in the one spine, let alone being able to do it at this stage of the season.

The Dogs lower grades are doing miserably this year.

NSW Cup runnning 13th (last)
NYC 15th (2nd last)
SG BALL 17 (2nd Last)
Harold Matthews 7th (Elimination final)

Even dogs officials were bagging out their own NYC team when Easts put them to the sword :lol: one high profile person couldn't believe a player actually plays because of how small he is. Shit club.

BunniesMan

Immortal
hahaha the Sharks are not taking Mansour from us when they've spent big to keep Fifita now. And they're getting Ennis. They might get Benji but we have all the space in the world for Hurrell and Mansour.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hurrell's manager working the rumour mill had to try and get his client back in the team.

Might as well give it a rest, he only has to wait until 6pm tonight.

Last 24 hours Sharks, Tigers, Souths and Storm all have Hurrell locked up. Zero chance, nil, nada, not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts