What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
yeah, how do they fit him in when they're supposedly struggling to keep current roster & clear space for upgrading Cherry-Evans ( plus a few key young players )

Just repeating what I heard.

And whose to say the culling has stoped anyway? A few players off contract this year who are yet to re-sign.

Maybe King to go who would be on a fair packet. Not huge money but enough to cover Sims given he is not exactly knocking down the rep door at present.

Players take unders to go to a team with success. Try the future Aust halfback and captain, Kiwi captain and a culture that other teams would kill to replicate. Stranger things have happened......

This is a rumour thread, not gospel.

nrlnrl

First Grade

And whose to say the culling has stoped anyway? A few players off contract this year who are yet to re-sign.

Maybe King to go who would be on a fair packet. Not huge money but enough to cover Sims given he is not exactly knocking down the rep door at present.

Players take unders to go to a team with success. Try the future Aust halfback and captain, Kiwi captain and a culture that other teams would kill to replicate. Stranger things have happened......

do you think they'll keep Cherry-Evans ?

Kiwi

First Grade

They'll lose more than they want to if they sign Tariq after the way they treated G Stewart. I imagine his brother will definitely leave, Foran who wouldn't negotiate till he knew the fate of Stewart would probably leave, I also imagine they would be at risk of seeing the likes of Matai, Lyon, and DCE walk out the door as well.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
They'll lose more than they want to if they sign Tariq after the way they treated G Stewart. I imagine his brother will definitely leave, Foran who wouldn't negotiate till he knew the fate of Stewart would probably leave, I also imagine they would be at risk of seeing the likes of Matai, Lyon, and DCE walk out the door as well.

Like I said, just repeating what I heard. Whether its true or not who knows.

As for DCE leaving - I heard that DCE was not willing to take a pay cut to accommodate Stewart so hardly see how the contract negotiations of another player coming in would worry him too much.

As for the other players walking - they are on contracts. No-one will walk. To be honest if Brett decided he wanted to go and suckle at the teet of Dessie again then good luck to him. There has to be a period of transition to a new roster and its begun.

betcats

Referee
DCE will be the best player in the game within a year or two imo(if he isnt already) locking him up should be the priority. Losing some long serving players is unfortunate but losing DCE would hurt a lot more then losing any of them, even Foran.

Patorick

Staff member
517951-matty-johns.jpg

nrlnrl

First Grade
[FKN-SIK];10111058;13251 said:
Benji apparently signing with the Dragons. To be announced tomorrow according to Twitter :lol:

That's according to The Mole. As usual, he's having each ways bets still though - Sharks / Hawks are still in the hunt too...

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
That's according to The Mole. As usual, he's having each ways bets still though - Sharks / Hawks are still in the hunt too...

Nope this was before the Mole said anything about it.

Apparently Bunji is announcing his signing on Footy Show tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.