What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

First Grade
You can easily be both actually. Brisbane have a number of stars and complete feces behind them.

Barba, Hodges, Milford, Gillett, Thiaday, Glenn and Parker must be on close to $400k each on average, your offering up 1.something million for Cameron Smith and now think you've got room for Blake Ferugson, who will be looking for 400k+

Not making a lot of sense right now, though im guessing half of these guys are on the "Lockyer" deals of 200k on the cap and countless millions dolled out to them elsewhere.

Hoffman is on a reported 400k and I say reported, if so, release him and offer that to Fergo, straight swap. Also when I have openly said the Broncos are 2 or 3 players in key positions away from being top 4 and title contenders I was told I was dreaming and had no idea. Now we have Barba, Kennedy and Milford we suddenly can't afford anyone else?

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
You can easily be both actually. Brisbane have a number of stars and complete feces behind them.

I agree and was going to say the same thing - however my logic is based purely on malice and no thought to their roster whatsoever.

I would like to add how much I enjoyed them finishing in double digits on the table. Pity their points gained weren't in the single digits, but you can't have everything.

Galeforce

Bench
BF will join a sydney club , if he does play NRL again .
There is NO WAY he would join a club away from his mentors and family and be exposed to "influences" which is one reason he had to get out of Canberra , according to him and Mundine.
agree with insert.pause , creating a Bronco rumour is Mundine's way to get more folks to the the Brisbane fight.If so, expect no BF announcement until after the Brisbane fight.

bottle

Coach
But wait we can't make the 8 according to most next year, we have a crap side, apparently adding one player and releasing a test player makes us cap cheats now. Pick one, we are either full of stars and under performing or have crap players.

Can't I have salary cap cheating full of under performing stars that are crap players?
I want it all.

bottle

Coach
Thanks, here goes.

Salary cap cheating full of under performing stars that are crap players are those Broncos.

That felt good.

shiznit

Coach
Blake Ferguson > The Lithgow Ladyboys

Apparently there's a clause in his contract that he's allowed to grope whoever he likes in the showers...

Jason Simmons

Juniors

Barba, Hodges, Milford, Gillett, Thiaday, Glenn and Parker must be on close to $400k each on average, your offering up 1.something million for Cameron Smith and now think you've got room for Blake Ferugson, who will be looking for 400k+

Not making a lot of sense right now, though im guessing half of these guys are on the "Lockyer" deals of 200k on the cap and countless millions dolled out to them elsewhere.

You're spot on. We obviously didn't free up ANY salary cap for 2014 and beyond when we released or lost in 2013 ALONE:

Scott Prince
Peter Wallace
Dunamis Lui
Scott Anderson
Kurt Baptiste
Delroy Berryman
Luke Capewell
Nick Slyney
Lama Tasi
Caleb Timu
Corey Norman
Joe Bond
Luke Dalziel-Don

:roll:

murraymob

Coach
You're spot on. We obviously didn't free up ANY salary cap for 2014 and beyond when we released or lost in 2013 ALONE:

Scott Prince
Peter Wallace
Dunamis Lui
Scott Anderson
Kurt Baptiste
Delroy Berryman
Luke Capewell
Nick Slyney
Lama Tasi
Caleb Timu
Corey Norman
Joe Bond
Luke Dalziel-Don

where all these players in the first grade squad .If not they make no difference to the cap

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It doesn't work that way. You need to have a squad of 25 not a squad of 15 guns. You change like for like players.

Stagger eel

Staff member

Scott Prince
Peter Wallace
Dunamis Lui
Scott Anderson
Kurt Baptiste
Delroy Berryman
Luke Capewell
Nick Slyney
Lama Tasi
Caleb Timu
Corey Norman
Joe Bond
Luke Dalziel-Don

Both Prince and Wallace were under contract and therefore a portion of their contract would come under the cap, would you seriously believe that prince would of walked away with a doughnut??... Dream on

Kiwi

First Grade
Both Prince and Wallace were under contract and therefore a portion of their contract would come under the cap, would you seriously believe that prince would of walked away with a doughnut??... Dream on

you mean princes contract that was largely being subsidised by the Titans? Prince made the choice to retire, any player can, doesn't mean the club has to pay out their contract. Wallace left of his own free will and sought the release, was told he would be playing reserve grade next year, didn't like it so left, again he sought the release. I have no doubt we'll be paying some amount of Wallace's contract for a year or two, I doubt it'll be much though as he left unlike Prince who was off loaded.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Cool so it took up even less salary cap. There appears to be some ignorance over how it all works. You can rebalance your squad by dumping a gun forwards and signing a gun back for example but you need x amount of players on at least minimum wage. Mind blowing how people can't wrap their head around this very basic concept.

Kiwi

First Grade

Scott Prince
Peter Wallace
Dunamis Lui
Scott Anderson
Kurt Baptiste
Delroy Berryman
Luke Capewell
Nick Slyney
Lama Tasi
Caleb Timu
Corey Norman
Joe Bond
Luke Dalziel-Don

only the three in bold would have free'd up decent cap space. Maybe 150k for Lui, but that would be it. It is still a lot of players to set free in a year, hopefully Timu returns after his morman mission, the rest seeya.

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
Cool so it took up even less salary cap. There appears to be some ignorance over how it all works. You can rebalance your squad by dumping a gun forwards and signing a gun back for example but you need x amount of players on at least minimum wage. Mind blowing how people can't wrap their head around this very basic concept.

I agree, remember though we have lost the likes of Folau, Winterstien, Te'o, Taylor, Lockyer ( 250k under the cap for lockyer is still 250k ) in recent years and until recently not replaced them from outside the club, add cap increases and even upgrading a few contracts we are still not even close to replacing what we have lost over time.

dogslife

Coach
Fmd those pricks have been gone for years :lol:

Don't forget Wendell went to rugby and Alf pissed off to Warrington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts