What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosties.

Juniors
Majority of you guys were confident that ballin was going to Souths? Where does this leave him now? I've had a very reliable source tell me he's heading to Leeds. I'm abit disappointed if so due to the injury and whether he will come back as good as the player he has been in previous years. We are definitely in for a hooker from Australia.

Matrix

Juniors
How does a club go from reportedly struggling to keep Johnston and being unable to offer Goodwin anything to suddenly being able to afford Farah?

Luke left,lowe retired.Goodwin it came to a choice between him Auva'a and Gray.Still think McQueen may be off loaded and possibly either Clark or Tyrell.Reddy and Millard will go to.

Matrix

Juniors
Anyone else looking at the Tigers squad minus Farah and questioning how they've managed to even spend half their cap?

Can only imagine what played like Brooks & Sironen must be sitting on at the moment...

I was thinking exactly the same thing.Last year they released Austin,Thompson and Blair and replaced with nothing and now Galloway,Moltzen,Richards and maybe Farah just to get cap relief.I wonder whether an official has pinched some money or they are really broke and just dont have the money because it just doesnt add up with their roster.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If the Titans sign Wobbie Farah it will set them back five years as far as crowds and fans go. The only worse signings the Titans could possibly make would be David Klemmer or Paul Gallen, he's hated up here and the biggest problem the Titans have is that they dont have any likeable QLD players for the locals to get behind, I dont know any QLD'ers who would consider the Titans their 'second team' because they're full of NSWankers like Greg Bird or unlikeable rejects like Dave Taylor.

They needed DCE so badly.

:lol:

Edwahu

Bench
I was thinking exactly the same thing.Last year they released Austin,Thompson and Blair and replaced with nothing and now Galloway,Moltzen,Richards and maybe Farah just to get cap relief.I wonder whether an official has pinched some money or they are really broke and just dont have the money because it just doesnt add up with their roster.

You would think its about keeping Tapau and freeing up some money to buy a few better forwards and three quarters. Farah wasn't going to be good value on huge money over the next couple of years.

Haffa

If the Titans sign Wobbie Farah it will set them back five years as far as crowds and fans go. The only worse signings the Titans could possibly make would be David Klemmer or Paul Gallen, he's hated up here and the biggest problem the Titans have is that they dont have any likeable QLD players for the locals to get behind, I dont know any QLD'ers who would consider the Titans their 'second team' because they're full of NSWankers like Greg Bird or unlikeable rejects like Dave Taylor.

They needed DCE so badly.

If they were winning they would be everyones second team. Not everyone is as shallow as donkeys supporters when it comes to players origins.

Matrix

Juniors
You would think its about keeping Tapau and freeing up some money to buy a few better forwards and three quarters. Farah wasn't going to be good value on huge money over the next couple of years.

Tapaus talking about going to nfl.I think the warriors will come in big for him too,to me the tigers should have got rid of Farah last year and got Granville or Koroisau for a quarter of the price.I certainly dont think souths or anyone else in the nrl will pay $800k plus for Farah.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lost Isaac yet upgraded Reynolds, keary, turner, gray, mcinness, Clarke, Johnston etc. they are the new Bulldogs/roosters. No one buys it.

The Tigers won't release a guy to ease the salary cap and then pay most of the $1mil for him to play elsewhere.

BranVan3000

Coach
Lost Isaac yet upgraded Reynolds, keary, turner, gray, mcinness, Clarke, Johnston etc. they are the new Bulldogs/roosters. No one buys it.

The Tigers won't release a guy to ease the salary cap and then pay most of the $1mil for him to play elsewhere.

Reynolds and Keary were resigned before Luke decided to leave. Gray and McInnes are rookies with a handful of games and would just slot into money left over by Reddy, Goodwin and Lowe. Turner hasn't resigned yet and is a forward with chronic injury problems that would hurt his value. Clark didn't resign this year. AJ is also a rookie but was in demand so I will give you that he would have commanded a good pay rise.

You are very much stretching to suggest that the whole salary of an international hooker has been covered by some rookies under 20 games. Not every team is as bad as managing the cap as your team

BunniesMan

Immortal

If the Roosters stayed within the cap then so can we.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The well run clubs always keep a portion of their cap available for these late season/off season releases players. Clubs like parra waste all their cap on paying overs on any big names player that are off contact, while clubs like Souths and bulldogs usually manage to make these late season signings on the cheap.

Bigcoq

Juniors
Welcome Jayden Nikorima to the Roosters. After the losses of SBW, Sheck, Mini, and Maloney I feel a little better.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The well run clubs always keep a portion of their cap available for these late season/off season releases players. Clubs like parra waste all their cap on paying overs on any big names player that are off contact, while clubs like Souths and bulldogs usually manage to make these late season signings on the cheap.

We're not talking about keeping cap spare for players on the cheap. That's completely different to having enough for a guy on that much money even if the Tigers are paying a percentage.

Bigcoq

Juniors
2016 squad players who's NRL debuted at Roosters
Nikorima; 1-7-6-9
Guerra; backrow- centres
SKD; centre- wing
Hastings; 1-7-6-9
Elliot; centre- wing
Evans; prop- backrow
Napa; prop - backrow
Aubbusson; 9- centre -6 - backrow - wing
Friend; 9 -7
Latrell; wing - 1
Toupou; wing
Cordner; backrow
Pearce; 7-6
Manu; centre- 1 - halves
Burgess; Wing - 1

Shame to lose Sheck but good to see Roosters development working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts