What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
FFS please don't give PooPoo an opportunity to respond and especially not on race (he's a bit "sensitive").

At any rate, if it was all down to intelligence all the quarter-backs would be Indian. You have to admit we are smart. So smart that most Indians don't play a game where concussion leads to long term health issues.

Completely irrelevant I know, but talking about race and football is annoying.

Choosing not to play rugby league doesn't make one smart.

And if you want to say rugby league is so dangerous, Piermario Morosini, Mehdi Bouras, Eric Gathers and several others are living proof that ANY sport could potentially kill you if things go against you.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I think it clearly does, and TheRam touched on why in his post.

Players learn best how to play the game while they are children. This is where their skills are honed and instincts developed.

Is this how and where you learnt to make up crap out of thin air ad infinitum?

amitropo

Juniors
Ok so it's Wednesday tomorrow, that means the sims boys will be announced at 11am if your a believer of all of the rumors.🐂💩

Ratchy

Juniors
Tebow can run and pass and was a big gun College Quarterback, but I talk to people in the know who have told me Tebow will never make it in the NFL because he doesnt really have the ability to think on his feet (make his own decisions)...Im pretty sure NFL Quarterbacks, and College as well, are wired up to the offensive co-ordinator to call the play for them. But if the play goes bad and the Quarterback needs to come up with a Plan B immediately, this is what generally separates the good and the bad NFL Quarterbacks.

Tebow is being brushed because his passing mechanics are terrible causing his passes to be inaccurate and a very slow release. If he could pass a ball at worst competently he would have a gig right now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Actually the Anglo-Saxons are made up of the Angles, Saxons, Jutes and Celts. So Larson's forbears would fit in.

The Angles, Saxons and Jutes all invaded Britain from the coastal area between Denmark and the Netherlands. These are the people who went on to become that mongrel race known as 'the English'. Interestingly, the Celts (indigenous to the British Isles and western France) are often not considered Anglo-Saxon so that white people who desire to get on the victimhood bandwagon can claim to be part Irish, Scottish or Welsh. And therefore 'oppressed' by the English.

Even later contributors to 'Englishness' - the Normans - were descended from western Scandinavian Vikings (i.e. merkins from Norway).

The Swedes did their colonising around the Baltic Sea, and a group of them (the Rus) settled around the area known today as Kiev, enslaving the indigenous Slavic tribes - hence the word 'slave/slav' in all Teutonic languages.

This is why many modern day Russians and Ukrainians are genetically closer to Scandinavians than they are to other eastern Europeans.

And also why Gary Larson is not Anglo-Saxon.

Mostly when people talk of white they mean Anglo-Saxon. Particularly, in the context of 'white privilege'.

Well I can't speak for the rest of them, but my own upbringing was extremely privileged.

Anglo-Saxon kids in abusive homes or juvenile correctional facilities might not think they're doing so well.

strider

Post Whore
the Normans scandanaians hey? .... and I thought Corey looked indigenous .... well there ya go

Noise

Coach
What exactly is everyone talking about?

I think the dumb anglos play halfback in league because the indians learnt how to duck in cricket following a british invasion that has something to do with vikings

Utey

Coach
I'll believe it when I see it, it'll be a massive coup to get him to leave the Shire.

Status
Not open for further replies.