What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon the English coach is a red herring to allow the finalising of contracts for smith / Taylor. Keeps Taylor out of the papers

Stagger eel

Staff member
I heard about this during the week and when I did I asked the person to repeat it to me as I couldn't believe what I heard the first time..

Bigfella

Coach
So two of our greatest ever players offer to help out when we are going terribly and people queue up to put shit on them?

I'd rather them than Ricky Stuart or Daniel Anderson that's for f**king sure

Kornstar

Coach
So two of our greatest ever players offer to help out when we are going terribly and people queue up to put shit on them?

I'd rather them than Ricky Stuart or Daniel Anderson that's for f**king sure

I don't know if you are being serious or not but Kenny actually has had some success in lower grades, Price however.....

It would need to be Kenny as head coach and Price as an assistant but I agree better than the last few coaches for sure!

barrygibb

Juniors
It's my understanding Brian Smith will DEFINATELY have a role at the club, not sure what role but he will be there in some capacity either head coach or coaching director.

murraymob

Coach
even if you had to pay 200k of his deal its still a bargain to offload him rather than pay the full 550k of his contract

Last edited by a moderator:

IFR33K

Coach
even if you had to pay 200k of his deal its still a bargain to offload him rather than pay the full 550k of his contract

If the club really wanted to get rid of him, they may of been able to tear up his contract. Remember last year he was dropped for disciplinary reasons, as well as this year. But that would be the easy option, and not quite sure the club wants to go down that path. hopefully he comes back bigger and better than ever, because there's no doubting his talent and he still does have a family to feed.

Chipmunk

Coach
If the club really wanted to get rid of him, they may of been able to tear up his contract. Remember last year he was dropped for disciplinary reasons, as well as this year. But that would be the easy option, and not quite sure the club wants to go down that path. hopefully he comes back bigger and better than ever, because there's no doubting his talent and he still does have a family to feed.

Im not sure what Chris Sandow's actual choice of type of gambling is, whether it is tables or the poker machines, but going to the UK where definately machines are virtually non-existent compared to here and table gaming is not as accessible there either, then in reality it might be a good move for him personally. I remember a Cronulla player, Michael Sullivan I think his name was, had a gambling issue and went to the UK, which helped him get over the gambling big.

If he is more into the horses or sports betting well it would be like getting out of the fat and into the frying pan...

IFR33K

Coach
Let's just hope he puts himself and his family first, gets help and then worries about footy. Here or England, who cares.

I've seen first hand gambling destroy families, beyond the point of repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.