What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

slotmachine

First Grade
Knights are going to have to pay overs if they want to lure a true marquee to town.
It took 12.5% of the cap at the time to get BK on board, and that was money well spent.

Very much against paying for the Dogs (or anyone else's) dregs though.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Knights are going to have to pay overs if they want to lure a true marquee to town.
It took 12.5% of the cap at the time to get BK on board, and that was money well spent.

Very much against paying for the Dogs (or anyone else's) dregs though.

Was it that high of a %? I thought he was on 300K per year when the salary cap was 3.2 million?

slotmachine

First Grade
5 years $2 million was splashed across the front page of the herald at the time.
Best purchase we ever made.

Boyd Cordner reminds me of BK, shame he got away.

Misanthrope

Staff member
We're always going to have to pay overs. Nobody with money and an interest in having a night life wants to live in Newcastle.

Liam

Juniors
Commentators said during the Panthers game that they're shopping McKendry around as well as Grant. I'd definitely take McKendry for the right price, especially before Kasiano.

perverse

Referee
f**k Ennis... he's on a pretty steep decline from what I've seen. So much stupid shit on the field. Clydsdale is 21 years old now... has handled himself very well in first grade in the short stints he's had... I don't understand why we're not looking at him. He has huge wraps as a potential future captain of the club ffs.

If Gids isn't up to it... lean on what we already have in Redman and Clydsdale. f**k Waddell right off... although I can't knock his effort at the moment, he appears to have a broken part in his brain when passing from dummy-half... always takes an eternity.

Ennis is 30 and he wants a long term contract. He can piss right off imo. Little merkin.

While Tinkler stays quiet and the money flow rumours continue we are not going to recruit any star player that others are after. We were promised marquees of our choice and yet have been given nothing of the sort really. We are just lucky the two centres we inherited for disciplinary breaches at their prior clubs are geniune top line centres. We essentially have operated off of some good luck there.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
While WB hasn't really signed any superstars while he's been here, he has picked up some real quality on the cheap in positions we need (Mason, Gagai, BJ and Bedsy come to mind). Hopefully he can pull another few rabbits outta the hat and find us a good metre eater prop and a strike second rower somewhere.

We seem to pick up talented but troubled youngsters. Anyone else of this mould in the NRL at the moment? I'm gonna put my money on signing a dumb forward or two this season.

Knight Vision

First Grade
While Tinkler stays quiet and the money flow rumours continue we are not going to recruit any star player that others are after. We were promised marquees of our choice and yet have been given nothing of the sort really. We are just lucky the two centres we inherited for disciplinary breaches at their prior clubs are geniune top line centres. We essentially have operated off of some good luck there.
Indeed, I find it very frustrating that clubs like the Roosters, Broncos, Canterbury ect seem to recruit who they want when they want ....almost like they dont have a salary cap, whilst we just struggle year after year after year.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Regional teams always struggle to attract players from outside the area without a specific academy or partnership in the big cities

Canberra and Nth Qld have the same issues as us. Penrith too

Nuffy

Bench
Indeed, I find it very frustrating that clubs like the Roosters, Broncos, Canterbury ect seem to recruit who they want when they want ....almost like they dont have a salary cap, whilst we just struggle year after year after year.

You'd think that the regional clubs would do their analysis and build a case for a regional allowance to support a higher cap and a true level playing field. If certain clubs have a geographical advantage when it come to recruitment then the NRL should address that comprehensively.

The AFL do it with a cap concession for the swans and lions.

Spot On

Coach
You'd think that the regional clubs would do their analysis and build a case for a regional allowance to support a higher cap and a true level playing field. If certain clubs have a geographical advantage when it come to recruitment then the NRL should address that comprehensively.

The AFL do it with a cap concession for the swans and lions.

I think they're scrapping that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts