What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
Prop/second row i think. I vaguely recall him playing a fair bit of FG with the Raiders a couple of years ago. From what I remember had some great skills with the ball in hand but very lazy. Don't really know anything about him now though.

Given our forward issues he's probably a good signing. If he can't show anything by the end of the year simply don't re-sign him.

Johns Magic

Referee
Wondering how this has been announced 3 days after the mid-season transfer window has shut. Maybe it was lodged before the deadline and they have waited a few days to announce it? We certainly seem to like keeping signings under wraps.

Serc

First Grade
Not sure if he will play first grade

Has been playing off the bench for Souths Logan

Maybe a depth signing in case we have a bunch of forwards get injured over the next month or two

nick87

Coach
Was good in 20's and early time in FG as a wide running back rower, has nice footwork and reasonable ball skills

club thought he was best suited as a mobile front rower, and since that move tighter he's struggled with weight, fitness and laziness. I dont think he's got a strong career as a back rower these days, and Im higher on him then many Raiders fan, i think he's still got loads of potential to be a good NRL quality front rower if he puts the work in

Be interesting to see how he goes

Noname36

First Grade
Was good in 20's and early time in FG as a wide running back rower, has nice footwork and reasonable ball skills

club thought he was best suited as a mobile front rower, and since that move tighter he's struggled with weight, fitness and laziness. I dont think he's got a strong career as a back rower these days, and Im higher on him then many Raiders fan, i think he's still got loads of potential to be a good NRL quality front rower if he puts the work in

Thanks for that. Maybe a change in scenery will help him kick himself into gear and work hard. Doubt he'll every crack the backrow here, but if he wants to make a go of it at prop the opportunity is there given there's not really anyone standing in his way here.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think he's pretty much taking Tets' spot in the roster for the rest of the year.

Will take a couple of injuries for him to get a go IMO.

perverse

Referee

Cheers for the input mate, was hoping a Raiders fan would come in and give us an insider opinion.
Wondering how this has been announced 3 days after the mid-season transfer window has shut. Maybe it was lodged before the deadline and they have waited a few days to announce it? We certainly seem to like keeping signings under wraps.
Indeed, weird... it's hard to tell what's going on at Knights HQ in any capacity at the moment.
Scraping at the bottom of the barrel we are with this signing.
We are, but I think as JM said, it's to replace our own bottom of the barrel depth. I don't think we'd be recruiting him to be our marquee signing a la Reynoldson.

Sounds like Wayne is keeping his powder dry well and truly. Exactly why he and the club have not chased a TLL or other big name in the short term. I understand the admin mess is a big reason. A guy like Houston will most likely be moved on if Wayne re-signs as seems to be a stronger possibility than it was a few weeks back. Quayle becoming chairman is a must regardless of Wayne's decision. Quayle is probably the greatest sports administrator this country has ever seen.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Thanks for that. Maybe a change in scenery will help him kick himself into gear and work hard. Doubt he'll every crack the backrow here, but if he wants to make a go of it at prop the opportunity is there given there's not really anyone standing in his way here.

Yep, change of scenery could be just what the doctor ordered
his diet is the big problem, type of bloke that comes back from a 4 week injury looking like all he's done is slam pies.

As said, when fit and firing, he's a good mobile front rower with nice footwork and ball skills

Im pulling for him, he always came across as a really good guy and his work in 20's was on par, if not trumping Papalii, so the talent is somewhere under his guts

Spot On

Coach
Sounds like Wayne is keeping his powder dry well and truly. Exactly why he and the club have not chased a TLL or other big name in the short term. I understand the admin mess is a big reason. A guy like Houston will most likely be moved on if Wayne re-signs as seems to be a stronger possibility than it was a few weeks back. Quayle becoming chairman is a must regardless of Wayne's decision. Quayle is probably the greatest sports administrator this country has ever seen.

You need to edit this. Just who and where is TLL????????

Johns Magic

Referee
Nope, because I am sure there was a tweet from the NQC wishing him well at the Knights.

Don't think so.

Not really worried to be honest. Boyd and J Smith signing were the two worst-kept secrets of all time that really dragged out. Snowden too. Just seems to be the way we do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.