What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

Bench
Not really worried to be honest. Boyd and J Smith signing were the two worst-kept secrets of all time that really dragged out. Snowden too. Just seems to be the way we do it.

Good point. We seem to be either one way or the other, rumours for months or every now and then one out of nowhere. If memory serves Scott's signing took us all by complete surprise.

Whilst I'm all for signings I guess this means players like Patrik Vai Vai aren't up to standard??

Not necessarily but the fact is we have to sign proven players as we have a veteran forward pack. Tariq and Korbin are our future as much as Vai Vai and co. I hope we will soon have one of the younger sides going around. Joey Leilua is only 22, Dane 23 and Mamo 19. He is a huge signature. If it was a more open market ie. The Roosters and Bulldogs had money to throw his way , we would haven't got near Tariq.

perverse

Referee
Houston has been pretty damn good in the middle, as he usually is. I'm actually surprised how much leg drive he has for his build, and he seems quite good at getting over the advantage line.

Swarzey

Bench
He's great up the middle. Rarely has a poor game there. The problem with him is that he's not exactly built for the position yet exceeds at it. It's when the put him on the edge he f**ks up. The more he plays up the middle, the more I'm happy to see him come off the bench.

perverse

Referee
I don't actually think there are any blokes officially on the market that would do us much better than House as a middle forward. Any club outside of SEQ is buckleys of getting Hannant, and he's about the only name left on the market. Getting Tariq was a bit of a coup, and maybe we can get a forward on early release for 2015 or some such... but I don't see too much more joy for us in recruitment this year. I hope I'm wrong.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Hes a bit of a Steve Simpson mould of player, all lanky limbs and bone. He is good in the middle because he has good upper body leverage that is resistant to the 2 up top tackles that occur in the middle. He can lean his tall frame into defenders and keep his legs free.

Johns Magic

Referee
The Roosters are losing SBW at least for next year and I don't think have signed anyone? Moga too, and is Mini retiring?

Rumours were they chased Proctor very hard so I think they have a bit of space when you look at players in vs out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noname36

First Grade
Hes a bit of a Steve Simpson mould of player, all lanky limbs and bone. He is good in the middle because he has good upper body leverage that is resistant to the 2 up top tackles that occur in the middle. He can lean his tall frame into defenders and keep his legs free.

In build yes. Difference is Simmo actually used his body. House is a classic example of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

voltron

Juniors
yeah, so with Tariq around, i hope Tariq will be on the edge and lot let House there.
Let him stay in the middle.

But curious, i havent really been watching house individually much
While he might get alright metres in the middle
does he get dominated? or get quick play the balls?
does he attract 3-4 players to tackle him?
What are those things which wouldnt be reflected in stats which are really important for a prop do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.