What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex28

Coach
‘‘I’m pleased that I’m the coach here that’s given him the opportunity because he’s got a long career here, and he’ll be one of the club’s great players – one of this club’s, and the game’s.’’

Wayne Bennett about Sione.

Spot On

Coach
It's a nice comment isn't it. You rarely hear Bennett speak about players, very young players, like he has about Sione.

Akuila's next coach will have some massive decisions to make in 2015 if he is playing like a busted next season. We simply do not have the capacity to carry his deal if his form is below par as we have always been burnt by overpaying comfort zone players. Aku's deal to me was way over the top. Two years is all I would have given.

Rusty

Juniors
Midley has just been appointed CEO for a further two years so expect Kurt to be around longer than he should.

Noname36

First Grade
Kurt's gonna be 33 soon. If he wants to go to the ESL he's gonna have to go soon as it is. Doubt he'll sign again after this contract regardless.

Kurt wants an ESL deal. Take that as read. Family confirmed. Just a matter of if it materialises in the off season. St Helens is the tip if at all.

Spot On

Coach
For 2015????

If so, we'll have a million in reserve with Kurt and Boyd's money. Only wish we could somehow get Uate's half million as well.

Nuffy

Bench
If thats the case, wheres the new signings, we've also lost Cuthbo, Willie, David F.

We should be swimming in cash.......................

Spot On

Coach
We should be if Boyd and Gidley are gone next year. Cuthbo's money as well to be added.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
I've also heard that Kurt was keen to go to England because of the very positive experience that his brother had over there, but has anything been confirmed in the last year or two? The ESL is no longer the attractive option that it used to be- changes to the salary caps and closing of tax-loopholes have changed the dynamics quite a bit.

Frederick

Staff member
Kurt wants an ESL deal. Take that as read. Family confirmed. Just a matter of if it materialises in the off season. St Helens is the tip if at all.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let this be true

Noname36

First Grade
I'll be very surprised if Kurt isn't here next year. I'll also be very surprised if he extends past 2015.

He'll have one more year in the NRL to see out his contract then go to England if he can get a gig.

Last edited:

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Aku dropped to NSW CUP. Mentioned by Brett Keeble on twitter. Possibly won't play because of knee. Funny how Bennett is making the 'tough call' a few weeks b4 he leaves. A little late.

slotmachine

First Grade
If thats the case, wheres the new signings, we've also lost Cuthbo, Willie, David F.

We should be swimming in cash.......................

no one left to throw money at now, 2016 is the time to go nuts.

tariq woudnt have been cheap, 400k+
seems like kennedy might be pushed out of brisbane with them subsidising the deal, we'd be in a good position to pick him up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts