What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the right coach and the rest will take care of itself. I want to see a coach who gets emotional in the box and will spray when a spray is required. Mal Reilly's halftime sprays were legendary. He did it cos he bled red and blue. Mal loved this joint. Hell he lives here. My hope is Terry Matterson but I do not see it. terry was a very passionate player. He also had a competitive arrogance about him. He hated to lose. He was the first one to fire up at the infamous fake Brian Smith tip sheet that Wayne read out to his players during the GF week in 1992. He was loved by the Castleford fans because he was so invested in the club and players. He adapts to the place he goes to. I feel he would be a great acquisition.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Not sure if Matterson, although having experience coaching in the ESL, has the a strong enough record to get the nod.

TooheysNew

Coach
Get the right coach and the rest will take care of itself. I want to see a coach who gets emotional in the box and will spray when a spray is required. Mal Reilly's halftime sprays were legendary. He did it cos he bled red and blue. Mal loved this joint. Hell he lives here. My hope is Terry Matterson but I do not see it. terry was a very passionate player. He also had a competitive arrogance about him. He hated to lose. He was the first one to fire up at the infamous fake Brian Smith tip sheet that Wayne read out to his players during the GF week in 1992. He was loved by the Castleford fans because he was so invested in the club and players. He adapts to the place he goes to. I feel he would be a great acquisition.
You think Wayne Bennett didn't give sprays at halftime?

Spot On

Coach
Different type of spray. Reilly would literally tear someone's balls off if they didn't pick their act up. :lol:

Frederick

Staff member
Brennan has ruled himself out by re-signing with the Panthers for another two years after a long talk with Gould

Gus was obvs scared of what we could become under Brennan

Joker's Wild

Coach
or Gus is just looking after the Panthers by keeping the best staff on board for as long as possible

How dare he do his job

PhilGould

Bench
Cooper Vuna said on Instagram that he's a massive chance to return to Newcastle, if there's room in the squad.

Noname36

First Grade
I loved Cooper while he was here but there's really no space for him now unless he wanted to play in the forwards.

perverse

Referee
I'm so tempted to say just get him back and find a spot for him somewhere. Guy wasn't the best defender, but his enthusiasm and smile were absolutely infectious. He had a really big heart and was a great clubman, too. The kind of guy I'd like to see around the club.

We have an embarrassment of riches as far as outside backs go, tbh we always seem to be blessed with backs... but I'm also a bit worried that Crawley might convince a few of our young ones to follow him.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Bugger it I'd take him in a heart beat! Him in the team is 10x's better the crop we currently have with their heads hanging low. Love the LOVE he has for the club! C'mon STONEY BRING HIM BACK!!! haha

macavity

Referee
I'm so tempted to say just get him back and find a spot for him somewhere. Guy wasn't the best defender, but his enthusiasm and smile were absolutely infectious. He had a really big heart and was a great clubman, too. The kind of guy I'd like to see around the club.

We have an embarrassment of riches as far as outside backs go, tbh we always seem to be blessed with backs... but I'm also a bit worried that Crawley might convince a few of our young ones to follow him.

You know Crawley is going to Canberra, right?

Swarzey

Bench
Dear f**king god. Firstly, who the f**k wants to coach at Canberra, even live there? And secondly, with them considering ditching their junior system, they could push him to try and bring a few juniors south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts