What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot On

Coach
Tamou is probably the most overrated player in the comp. Very soft. I know we're lacking in that department but for what he would cost I don't think he'd be worth it unless he pulled his finger out.

You've obviously watched this imposter the past couple of seasons. He needs to be right out of his comfort zone to get back to something near NRL standard. How the f**k he keeps getting an origin gig is one of the world's great mysteries.

rabble

Juniors
IMO.. It's all about leg speed with him. I've only seen him use it once in the second half half off a NSW game a couple of years ago. If he could find consistency in that dept., I'd take him in a heartbeat. The bloke is massive.

Dave_

Juniors
How long is Danny Wicks signed to Parra for? He's a beast out there tonight in attack and defence.

Wato

Juniors
His missed half his tackles in defence according to NRL stats. Honestly the guys a pea heart who spends half a game in the centres, he should never wear our colours again.

So manly and the Warriors are targeting Tom Burgess. Which begs the question.. Are we? If not then why not?

Wasn't sure he was off contract.

Swarzey

Bench
Because the club doesn't want to pay overs for a bench quality prop. The supposed 700k from the Warriors is just pissing away money that could be better spent.

Swarzey

Bench
Bench prop, lol. He'd be our #1 by some margin.

lmfao.

Sorry, but remove his last name and chances are he's playing park footy. That's the reality of Tom and Luke Burgess. Neither are fit to be in the starting 13. Snowy, Sims have been better players this season and I wouldn't even take on Tom last season. His stats are good because the entire South Sydney pack revolves around him and George but he never breaks the line, never troubles the defense.

He's a glorified dud who's getting by on the greatness of his twin.

Noname36

First Grade
The one already at Manly (Luke I think) is crap. The rest of them are excellent.

Wouldn't come here anyway though.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
lmfao.

Sorry, but remove his last name and chances are he's playing park footy. That's the reality of Tom and Luke Burgess. Neither are fit to be in the starting 13. Snowy, Sims have been better players this season and I wouldn't even take on Tom last season. His stats are good because the entire South Sydney pack revolves around him and George but he never breaks the line, never troubles the defense.

Tom may not be as good as George yet, but he's still a very good prop. He only just shadowed Sam and George as the best player on the field in the GF.

I would pay overs to get him here.

Snowden, Turgess, Korbin, Vaivai ... sounds good to me.

Last edited:

League_God

Juniors
lmfao.

2014 grand final stats 16 hitups 181metres 25 tackles

2015 round 1: 15 hitups 151metres 16 tackles
2015 round 2: 16 hitups 134metres 23 tackles

Johns Magic

Referee
lmfao.

lmfao @ you

Frederick

Staff member
lmfao.

Meth. Not even once

Tom155

Coach
lmfao.

Lol no, not even close to being true

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Alrighty, how about someone throws up a shot of him doing something other than carting the ball up?

If we didn't have any good prospects waiting Id say go for it but he just isn't worth getting into a bidding war and paying overs for.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Alrighty, how about someone throws up a shot of him doing something other than carting the ball up?

If we didn't have any good prospects waiting Id say go for it but he just isn't worth getting into a bidding war and paying overs for.
He breaks tackles and is capable of making big surging charges through the middle, like his brother George.

He would be a huge addition to our forward pack.

Keep a close eye on him today and you'll see.

Ask the poor bastards who Tom runs over if he should be playing park footy! I would not be surprised if he is the biggest of the four.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Great game by Tom. Ran over no one, no tackle breaks, no offloads, an error. Some good metres but then again when wa the last time anyone without the last name Burgess actually did more than 5% of the effort?

Buying him at a low price, yeah, happy to but you're f**king delusional if you think he's worth paying overs for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts