What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Hodkinson and Glenn ill be very happy.

1.Jake Mamo
2.James McManus
3.Sione Matautia
4.Dane Gagai
5.Aku Uate
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Micky Paea
9.Danny Levi
10.Kade Snowden
11.Alex Glenn
12.Robbie Rochow
13.Jeremy Smith

14.Jack Stockwell
15.Tariq Sims
16.Korbin Sims
17.Joseph Tapine

Korbin to lock, Tariq for rochow or korbin to prop, paea to bench.

But Tariq will never be benched.

For that team to be top 4 both Mamo and Levi need to kick on.

harrywilliams

Juniors
Imagine

1. Jake Mamo
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Sione Mata'utia
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Levi
10. Sam Moa
11. Alex Glenn
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Robbie Rochow
15. Joseph Tapine
16. Jack Stockwell
17. Korbin Sims

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Where is this Glenn business coming from? Or people just throwing shit into the wishing well?

Also if we Sign Hodgkinson it'll be one of our best signings in years! Maybe ever.

Spot On

Coach
Not a Hodgkinson fan but the bloke can defend, pass and hopefully kick goals. If the rumour is true I would assume he has signed a very, very healthy contract.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
He's not an elite half but he's definitely a structured one and not short of big game experience either. He would compliment Mullen well and help us control a game, which we are terrible at currently. Also he's arguably one of the best in the business at kicking a field goal. Didn't the dogs win like 3 golden point games off his field goal kicking last year? Including one against manly in the finals. I seriously can't remember the last time we won in golden point, must have been at least 6 or 7 years ago right?

Johns Magic

Referee
I really, really, really don't rate Hodkinson.

I think he has no creativity or running game.

You could probably count his number of try assists over the last season on one hand.

harrywilliams

Juniors

You could probably count his number of try assists over the last season on one hand.

Let Mullen create and run, Hodkinson lead and direct and be a halfback that knows what he's actually bloody doing for once

Spot On

Coach

Don't think it, it's fact. Hence the reason why is club side is happy to drop him to NSW Cup.

perverse

Referee

Agreed. Over-priced nuffy that is lucky to be playing first grade, and crazy lucky to be playing for NSW. He is actually the absolute worst option for us. Sandow is a better option by virtue of being a tonne cheaper. Myler is a better option. Cornish and f**king Sam Williams are better options.

Hodkinson's asking price at the start of the year was like $700k. We're f**ked if we get him for anything close to that.

Nuffy

Bench
My concern with him is that one of the best coaches in the business has moved him on.

That and the fact that he'd want a haulpac fully of money.

The upside is that the club doesn't seem to be moving so that's a positive.

Frederick

Staff member

3 try assists all year, to be exact.

I'd like to think that, if we do sign him, he would bring to our team a calm and composed influence that Roberts can't. I'd like to think that he would improve our red zone attack and, even if he isn't creating try's, that he's at least getting us repeat sets.

Swarzey

Bench
Thing is what's the point in having a good forward pack when the side can't make the most of their work? Klemmer, the Sims boys, Rochow, Snowden, march us up the field and then what? As much as I hate Boyd, he helped get the ball out wide and took a lot of the responsibility in their 20; something a halfback can and should be doing.

We need a halfback who can organise and lead them around. Mullen can't do it and we've given him eight years to develop that. No halfback at the club now is going to fill that role. Hodkinson may come overpriced, he may come in mediocre form, but he has the qualities the side has lacked.

We look f**king geniused out there. Clueless whenever we get ourselves close to the try line because nobody can set anything up. Hodkinson can.

Noname36

First Grade

That's the thing though. He doesn't need to be able to do those things. We already have a number of creative players..what we don't have is somebody that can organise and control the side.

If we were signing him to be our primary/main half I'd be concerned but that isn't the case here. He'd be a good foil for Mullen who can pass, run and kick but cannot organise.

Noname36

First Grade
Agreed. Over-priced nuffy that is lucky to be playing first grade, and crazy lucky to be playing for NSW. He is actually the absolute worst option for us. Sandow is a better option by virtue of being a tonne cheaper. Myler is a better option. Cornish and f**king Sam Williams are better options.

Hodkinson's asking price at the start of the year was like $700k. We're f**ked if we get him for anything close to that.

I think people are looking at Hodkinson being a good signing in terms of how his skill set would compliment our team. To me someone like Sandow might be more creative (when he's on) but he's not a good fit for us. He's in Roberts mould where we need someone composed and frankly, boring that can organise and allow blokes like Mullo, Gagai, Mamo, etc to play to their strengths. He can stand up under pressure too which is something most of our blokes lack.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I have been critical of Hodkinson and his reported price tag, but if they are a bit incorrect and we don't break the absolute bank for him then I'd take him for sure.

But with or without him we really do need a few decent forwards to compete. Put the cleaners through Houston, McManus, Roberts, ect. Buy Hodkinon and have some leftovers for a quality forward or 2 while plugging the rest with some of our promising juniors.

Joker's Wild

Coach
With the absolute lack of quality, hell even average halfback talent out there I think it will at least be a positive signing dependent on the price tag

Until i see a release confirming it from the club though, Im not even gonna entertain its validity

Status
Not open for further replies.