What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

I thought I read an article a few weeks back that Bird was told to look around and know Titans are saying the opposite.

I must have read it on one of those Facebook pages who seem to get everything wrong.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Our biggest need is a fullback. We need someone who can link our inside men to the centres and wingers. While he rarely put in for us, how much better would we look with Boyd.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Agreed, we're going to struggle to score points until we get a fullback with a genuine passing game. This is why I think we should have made a bigger play for Coote. Does anyone know of any fullbacks out there with this skill set coming off contract next year?

Jono078

Referee
Agreed, we're going to struggle to score points until we get a fullback with a genuine passing game. This is why I think we should have made a bigger play for Coote. Does anyone know of any fullbacks out there with this skill set coming off contract next year?
I think Inglis is off contract? I'd love for him to finish his career here even though he's having his worst season of all time.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Also apparently we're one of the 5 clubs that have approached Lolohea from the Warriors. He would be an excellent fullback for us imo, his running game is brilliant and he's got the skills of a playmaker from playing in the halves a fair bit too, he's got that X-factor that we desperately need in this team.

Alex28

Coach
There was talk about Valentine Holmes a few weeks ago. His performance today is hard to argue against. Would make a great fullback.

otori

Juniors
Paul Vaughan again not in the top 17 for the Raiders this week. Would love to see us go fishing for him and get something back from.the Raiders. Hes a great talent and would boost our packs ability massively

Glendale

Juniors
Paul Vaughan again not in the top 17 for the Raiders this week. Would love to see us go fishing for him and get something back from.the Raiders. Hes a great talent and would boost our packs ability massively

Yes please to Vaughan.

As I mentioned about a week ago, the man who I really want as our replacement to Jeremy Smith is Elijah Taylor. I think he would be the perfect replacement for Smith. He is experienced, has leadership qualities (well according to Gus Gould), terrific defender, can ball play, and still has many years left in him! The alternative guy that we've been chasing hard seems to be Greg Bird, who I really really do not want. Yes he's a talented player and has a wealth of experience, but IMO wouldn't be a good influence on our younger players and will spend more time suspended then on the field and if his recent form for the Titans is anything to go by, he's declining rapidly as a player.

Taylor's been one of the key reasons for the Tigers turn around since he went there and they would be absolutely mad not to re-sign him... Well it turns out they are having trouble re-signing him under the salary cap and Taylor could be lost to Rugby Union (link below). It's not so much a 'rumoured target' but someone I really really hope we go after, I'd offer him big money.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/08118041c89a9b14c5d40855511174a6

Pedge1971

First Grade
Do we know if Holmes has a decent passing game? He'd be a good buy but would he give us that polish we need on set plays?

Have a look at the Sharks forum. A lot of conjecture about this bloke particularly his defence and ability to pass the ball or do anything other than run fast. Not convinced he is the right guy to throw money at.

Last thing we need is another highly paid bloke who can play only on the wing.....

Pedge1971

First Grade
U

Yes please at the right price.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Have a look at the Sharks forum. A lot of conjecture about this bloke particularly his defence and ability to pass the ball or do anything other than run fast. Not convinced he is the right guy to throw money at.

Last thing we need is another highly paid bloke who can play only on the wing.....

Exactly, don't get me wrong the guy has heaps of talent and is a proven try scorer (even though he's scored about 5 against us this year by just catching the ball and walking over the line) but I have yet to see any actual evidence that he is anything more than a very good winger. Until I see him play a few games at fullback for the Sharks I wouldn't feel comfortable about us making a big money offer to Holmes.

I can imagine what would be said on this forum if we shelled out massive money for Holmes and he turns out just to be an above average winger trying to be a fullback.

Whats Doing

Bench
I would be targetting Mead who is off contract.

He was brilliant at Fullback against Parramatta and has the speed, passing and defensive game that the knights need desperately.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Reports that the "English SBW" Andre Savelio is coming to the NRL. I remember us linked to the English SBW so I'm thinking Savelio could be the man. He is a 21 year old back row about 110kg and 190 cm who is very mobile. Plays for St Helens and from his highlights he looks like he could be a really good pickup

Latest posts