What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Quality player so we will have to see what Brown can do with him. I read in a article earlier this season he is a Cronk like player. If he can organise a team and kick anything close to Cronk he gets my vote.

Burwood

Bench
I like the signing because it helps to get Feeney out of the halves and gives him the possibility to play fullback in NSW Cup. With Pearsall at five-eighth, is Cogger ready to make the full-time step up to NSW Cup? Would be even better if we do sign Roby and we can slot Randell back into the halves as well if Cogger isn't quite up to it yet.

Burwood

Bench
I think Brock Lamb is a little further ahead in development than Cogger

Can he handle halfback or is he more a five-eighth?

With the exception on Hodkinson, we seem to have a shortage of organising halves in the club. In the match against Ipswich it's what really stood out as a problem with the team- we had plenty of possession but couldn't convert it into points.

aqua_duck

Coach
Can he handle halfback or is he more a five-eighth?

With the exception on Hodkinson, we seem to have a shortage of organising halves in the club. In the match against Ipswich it's what really stood out as a problem with the team- we had plenty of possession but couldn't convert it into points.

Lamb is more of a 5/8th but in terms of physical maturity he's ahead of Cogger at this stage

harrywilliams

Juniors
Lamb is the superior organiser out of he and Cogger. Lamb plays a very strong halfbacks game, he absolutely piles on try assists with breeze and Cogger is a runner and showed that while playing some hooker for the Australian Schoolboys and captained them. Lamb was the best for Australia though by far along with Latrell Mitchell. Lamb will play NSW Cup before Cogger but I'd say both will stay in the NYC for most if not all of next year (they're both still eligible until 2017) and it'll be Feeney and Pearsall in the halves for NSW Cup. There's definitely a case for Feeney to train at fullback in the pre-season but realistically we have 5-6 players who can play there at NRL level as is while we don't really have much after our starting NRL halves (besides the two kids) so I'd say Feeney will keep getting played as a running 5/8.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
James Gavet just got released- any interest in him for next year? Just back from a serious injury, but could add some much needed size to the team.

Tom155

Coach
DOGS SNARE KNIGHTS YOUNG GUN

Des Hasler has slid under the radar to snare in-demand Newcastle young gun Kerrod Holland on a two-year-deal.

Last fortnight Market Watch revealed the Knights were in danger of losing Holland as rival NRL clubs circled the 23-year-old centre.

While the Knights did make the Singleton junior an offer, it’s understood they were blown out of the water by their NRL rivals.

Foxsports.com.au can reveal Holland first met with the Bulldogs last week and was impressed by their presentation.

The Warriors, Rabbitohs and Bulldogs were all keen on the 2015 NSW Cup team of the year member but premiership winning coach Hasler was out ahead of the pack.

“Crusher (recruitment officer Noel Cleal) showed why he’s the best recruiter in the business,” a spokesman for Holland’s management company, Insight Sport said.

“Kerrod is really excited to work under such a successful coach.”
&

KNIGHTS REWARD ROSS

Newcastle flyer Nathan Ross is on the verge of capping off his rookie NRL season by extending his current deal a further season.

While Ross, 26, is signed with the club for 2016, Melbourne and the Wests Tigers had both made inquries to his management about getting him out of the final year of his contract.

Earning an upgrade for next year and an extension until the end of 2017, the approaches were rejected, prompting the Storm to sign Cheyse Blair for 2016 and extend the contract of Victorian product Richie Kennar for another year.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...nrl-market-watch/story-fn2mcuj6-1227575932031

PhilGould

Bench
Letting Holland go is one thing, but letting Holland go and re-signing/upgrading Nathan Ross is just plain dumb.

perverse

Referee
I'm sure Rossy is a top bloke, though.

You'd have to think that these are the first 2 recruitment moves under Brown. Not a flash start. At least we didn't try and go over the top of the Dogs offer. Still, Ross sucks.

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
I'm sure Rossy is a top bloke, though.

You'd have to think that these are the first 2 recruitment moves under Brown. Not a flash start. At least we didn't try and go over the top of the Dogs offer. Still, Ross sucks.
He's signed that Sea Eagles half as well as letting Clydsdale go

TooheysNew

Coach
Screw that. I'm quite happy to not compete with "blown out of the water" for someone who isn't an established first grader.

Noname36

First Grade
Letting Holland go is one thing, but letting Holland go and re-signing/upgrading Nathan Ross is just plain dumb.

We're not "letting him go". We tried to keep him. This is the Dogs remember. They offered Sione 450k before he played FG. We probably couldn't meet their offer (and would be stupid to get into a bidding war over another outside back) and re-signed Ross because we could afford to re-sign him.

I know we all love to give it to the club but in this instance I don't think we should be losing our shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts