What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

The NRL is fast becoming the EPL. The haves and have nots. The third parties are a joke. If the Roosters pay more than 50% of their players contracts from the cap I would be stunned. Zero incentive to succeed. Player draft has to come in. The top rookies need to be given to lower clubs who can trade them for big names who other clubs may want to let go.

perverse

Referee
I can think of many warriors juniors that have come over with big promises and delivered little. Hard to get excited. Our talent scouts must enjoy holidays in NZ or something.

aqua_duck

Coach
A lot of these kiwis need a good environment and string club culture to flourish, the warriors are unable to provide that and we certainly haven't been able to either in the past. Compare that to the roosters who sign these random Polynesians nobody has ever heard of and next minute they're playing rep football.

Similar cultures but a huge gulf in talent is how I would of compare us to the Warriors. Roger Tuivasa Sheck has IMO made the worst mistake of his career going there. He will go backwards.

slotmachine

First Grade
I can think of many warriors juniors that have come over with big promises and delivered little. Hard to get excited. Our talent scouts must enjoy holidays in NZ or something.

How's James Taylor aka the next Paul Gallen going these days.

If Dylan Walker is pushed out of Souths to accomodate big Sam we should at least throw our hat into the ring. Given his misdemeanours of late we could possible lower his price for a couple of seasons. This is about putting a puzzle together for us. You get the stars as they present themselves. Worry about what you do and don't have in a position sense later. This obsession with position strengthening can lead to you missing the golden ops.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Similar cultures but a huge gulf in talent is how I would of compare us to the Warriors. Roger Tuivasa Sheck has IMO made the worst mistake of his career going there. He will go backwards.

Agreed. Say what you like about the roosters and their 'flexible' salary cap but people tend to ignore how many discards they've managed to develop, no one had ever heard of guys like Tupou, Guerra, Moa, Isaac Lui, Taukaeiho before they were at the roosters, Taukaeiho in particular mentioned how the more professional environment at the roosters allowed him to flourish compared to the warriors where a lot of guys were stuck in their comfort zones

Knight Vision

First Grade
Agreed. Say what you like about the roosters and their 'flexible' salary cap but people tend to ignore how many discards they've managed to develop, no one had ever heard of guys like Tupou, Guerra, Moa, Isaac Lui, Taukaeiho before they were at the roosters, Taukaeiho in particular mentioned how the more professional environment at the roosters allowed him to flourish compared to the warriors where a lot of guys were stuck in their comfort zones
And my guess would be no one would hear any more of Tupou, Guerra, Moa, Isaac Lui, Taukaeiho etc if they were to leave a star studded playing roster with the likes of Ferguson, JWH, Pearce, Maloney, Sheck, Cordner etc. Hell, if I played in that roster I would be playing SOO next year.

Convinced we need an experienced and capable #9. Levi isn't ready (he may never be given the club record) and Randall is a fill-in utility at best.
I *was* convinced we need an extra Prop but I'd gladly stick with what we have for a capable and ready #9.
I had hoped for an announcement by now - Canberra have started training and we must be soon.

RLW claiming we are watching Hayne situation and are rumoured to be ready to make an audacious bid for Hayne should he return to the NRL. Hayne needs a miracle to play NFL again.

Rod

Bench
The 49ers have already had running back injuries since they cut Hayne, and guys get called up from the practice squad all the time. It would hardly be a miracle, especially if he keeps working on his game. I highly doubt he's going anywhere.

Nuffy

Bench
RLW claiming we are watching Hayne situation and are rumoured to be ready to make an audacious bid for Hayne should he return to the NRL. Hayne needs a miracle to play NFL again.

I havent seen anything anywhere about this but there is no chance Hayne would end up here.