What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
Love to know the thoughts going through some of our overpaid 'stars' atm.

Rip in to 'em Browny.

Uate looking over his shoulder and carefully spending his $$$ before the gravy train derails.

slotmachine

First Grade
Uate looking over his shoulder and carefully spending his $$$ before the gravy train derails.

He keeps getting his cheques until the end of 2017, I'm not sure he cares if the Knights or someone else are handing them out.

Who is even in our top 25 now?

Rochow
Smith
T Sims
K Sims
Tapine
Gagai
Mamo
Randall
Snowden
Stockwell
Uate
Levi
Sione
Mullen
Hodko
Paea

That's only 16 who aren't genuine reserve graders (probably being generous with Mamo and Randall). I wonder if you can have part timers in the top 25 LOL.

Last edited:
We finally have a chance of a genuine rebuild here. We were on our way with Brian smith until the nannas chased him out of town. The club needs to just stick with him through this culling phase.

perverse

Referee
Brown's reception will be different to the one Smithy received. Same actions, same problem to solve... but the fanbase has shifted substantially on the issue. I think a much larger portion of the supporters will be keen to see this cleanout happen.

Browny also doesn't have Smithy's baggage with the media or otherwise.

Stoked Houston is gone. His stink of mediocrity has lingered far too long.

Last edited:

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
This is gutting news, Chris Houston is a club legend!

He may not be the most skilled player in the NRL but he always tries his hardest and is an inspiration to his team mates, what he brings heaps to the team on and off the field can't be quantified. I've also heard he's a really nice guy too which makes it even worse.

Brown has to be sacked for this! Who does he think he is coming to our club and getting rid of our long serving players. Houston should be entitled to a life long contract for as long as he feels like playing and then a high paying post-playing career job after he retires. The Nathan Brown era has started poorly. What a disgrace!

keeney

First Grade
Realistically though, House never kicked on like we hoped he would have and he's been pretty average for a few years, but he's been a servant for the club.

Even in recent years, he wasn't alone in being awful and you could never fault his effort.

While it's definitely the right move, cheers for the service Houston.

House gave the club nothing and the club gave him everything. He brought the club into disrepute and was a below average player.

perverse

Referee
Surely a logical follow up question on this is who are we recruiting? We wouldn't be punting House a year early unless we had a use for his money, I wouldn't think. That would be very poor management, regardless of his lack of merit in the squad.

Johns Magic

Referee
Realistically though, House never kicked on like we hoped he would have and he's been pretty average for a few years, but he's been a servant for the club.

Even in recent years, he wasn't alone in being awful and you could never fault his effort.

While it's definitely the right move, cheers for the service Houston.

He wasn't Kaufusi but I can't agree that you could never fault his effort.

He was a classic at going through the motions IMO - stats read well, but the plays where desire to win should have been shown were sorely lacking.

He seemed like a good bloke but I will be glad never to see him in red and blue again. Had it not been for very fortunate timing for him with Stone taking over he would have been gone a season earlier.

Bennett came out in the press about Knights players being happy to just be in first grade. Houston by no coincidence in my eyes was dropped back to NSW Cup a couple of times by him during that period.

I can only speculate that Brown might be freeing money up to get Roby here or else calling Farah's bluff. If we managed to get Uate off the books we could really bid for some class players.

perverse

Referee
Agreed, JM. His effort was extremely questionable at times... and I felt was part of the reason why he's been such a pariah around these parts. This, from a bloke who was touted as future captain material back in the day.

PhilGould

Bench
Apparently we're chasing Brenton Lawrence and Chris McQueen but McQueen is more likely to go to the Titans.

perverse

Referee
I can only speculate that Brown might be freeing money up to get Roby here or else calling Farah's bluff. If we managed to get Uate off the books we could really bid for some class players.

Can we really afford to drop Aku at the moment? Who is left to play in the backline? He's looking really fit in pre-season photos, I'd say he's either had a rocket or shat his pants at the thought of being kicked out and put in some overs himself. Either way, he wasn't slamming meat pies over the break.

Apparently we're chasing Brenton Lawrence and Chris McQueen but McQueen is more likely to go to the Titans.
This is f**king tragic if true. McQueen doesn't excite me, Lawrence 10 times less. I guess Houston -> McQueen is an upgrade in any case... but a 30 year old never-was that played 1 game last year and then had back surgery? What?

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
I think Lawrence when fit is a good prop but not sure how chronic his injury is.

McQueen I am not so keen on - think we have better here already in the 2nd row.