What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
Surprise, surprise - the Dogs have denied Klemmer has asked for a release.

$$$ found. End of story.

NRL stance - nothing to see here. All legit.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Toohey article this week is pretty tame. He confirms we've made an offer to Guerra but not sure if other clubs are chasing too.

It would be interesting to know the contract size. I'm not massively convinced but I do like Guerra at the right price.

I don't think Guerra would be such a bad signing, he'd be better than no one. It all comes down to the value of the contract. If we could bag him for $300k or $350k tops then I think it would be value for money.

Spot On

Coach
I don't think Guerra would be such a bad signing, he'd be better than no one. It all comes down to the value of the contract. If we could bag him for $300k or $350k tops then I think it would be value for money.

If he finds some sort of decent and consistent form then that would be good buying.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If he finds some sort of decent and consistent form then that would be good buying.

He probably needs a change of scenery, been in the Roosters system for a while now so he's probably a bit complacent. Often a player will regain their form after a club switch, if he were to sign with us hopefully that's the case.

Johns Magic

Referee
I wonder where we play Guerra if we get him. I prefer him as a 2nd rower but we have Sione and Buhrer there as 80 minute players as well.

I suppose Sione's days in the backs are over now but that is where the hole is(notwithstanding Leutele talk).

We need a couple of middle forwards.

Glendale

Juniors
I wonder where we play Guerra if we get him. I prefer him as a 2nd rower but we have Sione and Buhrer there as 80 minute players as well.

I suppose Sione's days in the backs are over now but that is where the hole is(notwithstanding Leutele talk).

We need a couple of middle forwards.

Guerra at his best is a better second rower then Buhrer. Has a more destructive edge to him then Buhrer.
I would read it as a plan to have a:

11. Sione
12. Guerra
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer

With Kosjasyn's retirement Buhrer would become the fill-in hooker, while also able to cover the forwards. Get Guerra back to his best and that's quite an exciting prospect. Agree that we need middle forwards as the priority though. We aren't in a position to say no to a Queensland representative player though, at as reasonable price I say go for it. Need to get the ball rolling with someone.

Johns Magic

Referee
Guerra at his best is a better second rower then Buhrer. Has a more destructive edge to him then Buhrer.
I would read it as a plan to have a:

11. Sione
12. Guerra
13. Barnett

14. Buhrer

With Kosjasyn's retirement Buhrer would become the fill-in hooker, while also able to cover the forwards. Get Guerra back to his best and that's quite an exciting prospect. Agree that we need middle forwards as the priority though. We aren't in a position to say no to a Queensland representative player though, at as reasonable price I say go for it. Need to get the ball rolling with someone.

If Buhrer isn't playing 80 minutes we are doing ourselves a disservice IMHO. It would be a tough one. Sione is the odd one out for me but I actually like him and know we must have a place for him. I would be tempted to give him a run at centre soon.

Joel-22

Juniors
If the Midley isn't on the phone to Klemmer right now offering him the entire suburb of Merewether I've lost total faith in the club. There's no such thing as paying overs for Klemmer given our predicament.
Klemmer > Graham > every other player we've "targeted". There isn't a player in the league that would change the dynamics of our side more than Klem

Caped Crusader

Juniors
If the Midley isn't on the phone to Klemmer right now offering him the entire suburb of Merewether I've lost total faith in the club. There's no such thing as paying overs for Klemmer given our predicament.
Klemmer > Graham > every other player we've "targeted". There isn't a player in the league that would change the dynamics of our side more than Klem
We can't approach anyone who is under contract for 2018. He needs to be granted a release first

Johns Magic

Referee
I hope we are still looking at Lussick. He and Guerra are two guys we could feasibly get on non-rep money and really beef up our pack. Throw in a Graham/Klemmer style marquee prop which we are holding out for and things get a lot more respectable.

Jeremy Latimore is another good experienced prop we could pickup without too much competition. Would be far from the star we are after but as a bench player I really think he'd be valuable for us. Also happens to be from Port Macquarie and best mates or thereabouts with Maloney which wouldn't hurt. Much better player than Stockwell and I can't imagine demands too much coin.

Glendale

Juniors
If Buhrer isn't playing 80 minutes we are doing ourselves a disservice IMHO. It would be a tough one. Sione is the odd one out for me but I actually like him and know we must have a place for him. I would be tempted to give him a run at centre soon.

I can't tell you wether he'll fulfil it or not, but I suggest he is well placed. Sione has the potential to be great second rower. That isn't the case in the centres, he won't ever be a great centre. He has found his spot IMO. To move him would be a backwards step. I think we look outside the club to replace Gagai.

Glendale

Juniors
Have said this a few times before but something will definitely give at the Dogs before the end of the year. Klezmer/Graham/Tolman and Woods can't possibly all fit into the same team together as they all play the same roles and all play big minutes.

Unless Hasler wants to invent a new rugby league style. A team full of forwards... Thats kinda what they have now. Heck they might aswell put Graham to halfback.

Frederick

Staff member
Have said this a few times before but something will definitely give at the Dogs before the end of the year. Klezmer/Graham/Tolman and Woods can't possibly all fit into the same team together as they all play the same roles and all play big minutes.

Unless Hasler wants to invent a new rugby league style. A team full of forwards... Thats kinda what they have now. Heck they might aswell put Graham to halfback.
Klemmer lines up at lock these days. Woods and graham would start and Tolman off the bench. The rules will be bent to accommodate the dogs $30 million salary cap

Glendale

Juniors
Klemmer lines up at lock these days. Woods and graham would start and Tolman off the bench. The rules will be bent to accommodate the dogs $30 million salary cap

You wouldn't play Tolman, Graham or Woods off the bench. They are all 60+ minute workhorses, Klemmer plays the 80 aswell. I'm pretty confident one of them will be released. If you're the Dogs you want it to be Tolman. But hopefully we can do enough sniffing around and hold out for Klemmer or Graham.