What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Frederick

Staff member
You wouldn't play Tolman, Graham or Woods off the bench. They are all 60+ minute workhorses, Klemmer plays the 80 aswell. I'm pretty confident one of them will be released. If you're the Dogs you want it to be Tolman. But hopefully we can do enough sniffing around and hold out for Klemmer or Graham.
It'll most likely be Tolman. Pretty sure he's originally from central coast/hunter valley way and we targeted him before he went to the dogs from storm. They'll sell it to him like it's a homecoming/returning to roots kind of thing

Pedge1971

First Grade
Have said this a few times before but something will definitely give at the Dogs before the end of the year. Klezmer/Graham/Tolman and Woods can't possibly all fit into the same team together as they all play the same roles and all play big minutes.

Unless Hasler wants to invent a new rugby league style. A team full of forwards... Thats kinda what they have now. Heck they might aswell put Graham to halfback.

They already do. He just doesnt wear 7.

Johns Magic

Referee
The biggest talking point between player agents and recruitment officers last week has been talk of a certain Sydney club making a $900,000-a-season play for a half still under contract.

This player will need a release from his contract for 2018 in order to accept the deal.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/1df8090a31cc3c85d18263924a2933a2

I am struggling to think who the Sydney club chasing would be. Maybe Souths or Penrith?

The biggest talking point between player agents and recruitment officers last week has been talk of a certain Sydney club making a $900,000-a-season play for a half still under contract.

This player will need a release from his contract for 2018 in order to accept the deal.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/1df8090a31cc3c85d18263924a2933a2

I am struggling to think who the Sydney club chasing would be. Maybe Souths or Penrith?
Souffs chasing Maloney

Spot On

Coach
Now this is all going to get very interesting.

The dogs are a mess.

Souths are a mess.

Players will be moving all over the place if the coaches aren't going to be sacked. If Hasler and McGuire stay at their respective clubs beyond this year then there will have to be significant changes to their current rosters. They cant keep their jobs with everything they have at their disposal yet play like us. If their boards have decided to stick solid with them into 2018 then they have a green light to blame their roster and make changes - big changes.

Last edited:
He's from Macksville/Kempsey area

It'll most likely be Tolman. Pretty sure he's originally from central coast/hunter valley way and we targeted him before he went to the dogs from storm. They'll sell it to him like it's a homecoming/returning to roots kind of thing

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Even though we're not the most attractive team to sign with at the moment I'm still surprised at how long it's taking to get a few signings on board.

The Tigers we're looking like a complete basket case not that long ago, I would argue they were looking even less appealing that us because of all the boardroom drama and all their best players jumping ship (rather than being pushed out like in our case) yet it's only taken them a couple of months to almost totally overhaul their roster. They've already restocked their front row, they've got Lolohea to play FB next year and they've picked up a couple of outside backs recently too.

How is it that it takes us this long to get anyone? Literally the squad is looking just about as threadbare for 2018 as it is this year (+ Ponga - Gagai)

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Even though we're not the most attractive team to sign with at the moment I'm still surprised at how long it's taking to get a few signings on board.

The Tigers we're looking like a complete basket case not that long ago, I would argue they were looking even less appealing that us because of all the boardroom drama and all their best players jumping ship (rather than being pushed out like in our case) yet it's only taken them a couple of months to almost totally overhaul their roster. They've already restocked their front row, they've got Lolohea to play FB next year and they've picked up a couple of outside backs recently too.

How is it that it takes us this long to get anyone? Literally the squad is looking just about as threadbare for 2018 as it is this year (+ Ponga - Gagai)
Pretty much all of their recruits are ex warriors who played under Cleary. They all loved him

AusKnightRKO

First Grade

The Tigers are in Sydney, a lot easier to sign players, plus he's signed 3 blokes he has already coached.

macavity

Referee
With Gagai gone I think Newcastle need to really consider signing SKD despite the cocaine stuff. He's a representative centre/winger just like Gagai is, brings experience just like Gagai does and he'd probably sign for little money due to lack of NRL options. Signing someone like Aaron Gray who is "solid" week to week isn't really a suitable replacement. SKD is a bit rocks and diamonds but when he's on he is a gun. Unfortunately due to Newcastle taking the "wait and see" approach a lot of solid outside backs have already gone.

Don't think Cooper Cronk is going to continue with his career after this year which leaves very limited stocks in the halfback department with Tyrone Roberts probably being the best choice as it stands. Away from him only guys like Jeff Robson, Josh McCrone and Luke Kelly are available. I think Roberts would be my first choice.

Representative player would be nice to have Jacob Lillyman sign with the club since he could be a welcome forwards leader and kind of play the role that Ben Kennedy did for Manly later in his career. Would be a great mentor to the Saifiti brothers. Jacob Lillyman/Daniel Saifiti starting games and then being replaced by Jacob Saifiti/Starling could be a decent combination although I'd like to see them sign another prop for the bench.

Throw in one of the experienced guys off contract like Dave Taylor who are cheap and desperate to impress and you have a pretty decent team.

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Ken Sio 3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 4. Sione Mata'utia (C) 5. Nathan Ross 6. Brock Lamb 7. Tyrone Roberts 8. Jacob Lillyman 9. Danny Levi/Rory Kostjaysn (Hopefully Kostjaysn) 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Mitchell Barnett 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Jamie Buhrer 14. Josh Starling 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Dave Taylor 17. Joe Wardle

Please stop. We don't need your charity to be shit, we are capable of doing that all on our own.

Burwood

Bench
Even front ending contracts is a massive risk these day. Imagine if we front ended guys like Tapine or Sims who left the club before their contract expired.

Latest posts