What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Glendale

Juniors
That would be great. Huge fan of Watson as a footballer. Will be a good running 5/8 partner for Lamb at halfback. If we can get him great. So that means we have a very young spine. Ponga, Lamb, Watson, Levi. Sounds great for the future but ideally you want a year of Cronk before making that transition.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
If we get Watson, SKD and a quality prop on top of ponga and guerra I'd give our recruiting a pass mark.

Every player improves us in their positions.

Hopefully with the fire sale that is about to happen we land some more. The bulldogs don't appear to be a happy camp at all at the moment and I really wouldn't be suprised if some of their big names leave.

Joel-22

Juniors
Ideally, we'd add a centre to that list HF.
So far if we sign everyone we've been linked to:

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Shaun Kenny-Dowall
4.Peter Mata'utia
5.Ken Sio
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.Herman Es'se
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Josh King
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Kyle Lovett

edit: excluding the unrealistics like Cronk and Graham

mozza91

Coach
Surely we're not interested in Lovett? There is literally no upside to signing a nuffy like him. He'd probably make our NSW Cup side worse.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Shaun Kenny-Dowall
4.Peter Mata'utia
5.Ken Sio
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.Herman Es'se
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Josh King
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Kyle Lovett

It's definitely a lot better than what we currently have. Still not a top 8 team by any stretch, but good enough to not be wooden spooners if the team clicks.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Watson would be an amazing signing. He has heaps of potential. A young group of halves in Lamb, Watson plus Cogger (still rate him) would be great for the club long term

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I know it's early days, but am i the only one who would happily have Mamo back instead of wardle? Jake is absolutely killing england right now.

mozza91

Coach
I know it's early days, but am i the only one who would happily have Mamo back instead of wardle? Jake is absolutely killing england right now.
He was always going to do well over there. He's a good athlete capable of doing some freakish things but every aspect of the game over there is below NRL standard.

He'd come back and have the same struggles he did previously. He doesn't have the skill set to be successful here. His handling will always let me down as well.

He's better to stay over there and be a star rather than floundering back in the NRL.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Well what does Wardle actually offer, other than a barely nsw cup standard centre or a barely bench for the worst team in the comp 2nd rower, he has shown me absolutely nothing to be excited about.

mozza91

Coach
Well what does Wardle actually offer, other than a barely nsw cup standard centre or a barely bench for the worst team in the comp 2nd rower, he has shown me absolutely nothing to be excited about.
He's a good defender plus he hasn't had a lot of football in his preferred position. Not saying he'll be a success but he at least deserves more time to show what he can do. He's played 8 games, the first few of which were coming after a long injury lay off. Give him til the end of the season.

PhilGould

Bench
Wardle has been solid every time he has played and should be better next year with an actual healthy NRL pre-season under his belt. Won't ever be a superstar but I think he'll be a more than competent first grader.

Everyone knew Mamo would do well over there. I'm happy for him but have no interest in seeing him back at the Knights any time soon.

Pedge1971

First Grade

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Shaun Kenny-Dowall
4.Peter Mata'utia
5.Ken Sio
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.Herman Es'se
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Josh King
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Kyle Lovett

Kyle f**king Lovett?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Watched both play all year, one has matured and is getting better by the week, the other looks like a poor mans Sione Mat.

We have had major problems at FB this season, and in the end where will wardle play next season? Not getting ahead of Jamie B, Guerra, Sione Mat, Barnett.

In the end he is too slow for centre and not in our top 4 2nd rowers.