What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I get the feeling Hodko will play on in reggies next year and retire at seasons end or retire before 2018 all together. Its clear his legs are shot and very unlikely he sees FG again given Browns persistence with Feeney

Id like us to get Watson, great footballer. I think hed be best suited as a bench hooker and with Kosty looking unlikely to even lace a boot with us, its what we need given Randall will probably be in the ESL next year. Bench hooker is probably not what Watson wants though

Above all else we need some solid props though. Its an absolute must

slotmachine

First Grade
Does anyone know what the plan is for Hodko, Randall and Stockwell after this season?

Randall been told he's not getting a new contract.
Hodkos papers have been stamped imo, just a question of whether he hangs around in NSW Cup or moves on.
Be surprised if Stockwell gets a new deal.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Watched both play all year, one has matured and is getting better by the week, the other looks like a poor mans Sione Mat.

We have had major problems at FB this season, and in the end where will wardle play next season? Not getting ahead of Jamie B, Guerra, Sione Mat, Barnett.

In the end he is too slow for centre and not in our top 4 2nd rowers.

He will be in fhe 17. Brown didnt buy him to play reserves. He didnt let Mamo go to ESL to bring him back on more coin either....

Spot On

Coach
Even Greg Eden scores tries in the ESL. 5 in one game apparently. That bloke Penrith had out here last year goes well over there.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Watched both play all year, one has matured and is getting better by the week, the other looks like a poor mans Sione Mat.

We have had major problems at FB this season, and in the end where will wardle play next season? Not getting ahead of Jamie B, Guerra, Sione Mat, Barnett.

In the end he is too slow for centre and not in our top 4 2nd rowers.
Wardle has been good when playing in the 2nd row. He runs a great line and can defend

Unfortunately he's not a particularly good centre

A full year in NRL plus a preseason will only see him improve

macavity

Referee
Wardle has been good when playing in the 2nd row. He runs a great line and can defend

Unfortunately he's not a particularly good centre

A full year in NRL plus a preseason will only see him improve

Too small to be good. never be better than mediocre... Still, thats not bad.

And LOL at those saying Watson to bench. He will be coming here to play 6, and will walk into the role.

I will get shot for this, but I think Feeney has been outplaying Lamb lately. Not his fault he has a munted head.

Pedge1971

First Grade

And LOL at those saying Watson to bench. He will be coming here to play 6, and will walk into the role.

I will get shot for this, but I think Feeney has been outplaying Lamb lately. Not his fault he has a munted head.

Agree Watson starts and is at 5/8. I would actually be getting excited about it all if the source of the rumour wasnt bloody Buzz Rothfield.

I think both out halves are improving with each game together. Feeney offers something different.

Swarzey

Bench

Disagree. While Feeney's running game is much better and he's had provided more creative opportunities, Lamb has guided the side around, tried to and successfully controlled the tempo of the contest. They're doing two different things, both important but what Lamb has been doing is just a tad more vital to the progression of the team.

Spot On

Coach

Bang.

But Feeney has been good. Much better than I ever expected.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Feeney has done the job that's been asked of him which is nice to see and he's exceeded our expectations because they weren't very high to begin with.

That being said he's not a long term option at half. I can live with him in the team for the rest of this year because we've got no-one else but if he's still in the top 17 by the start of the 2018 season I'll be very concerned.

perverse

Referee
Feeney needed to get a crack in his preferred position. I didn't expect the world of him, but I didn't expect the train wreck that everyone was anticipating before Hodko got dropped either. In Feeneys only game in the halves in first grade prior to this stint, he didn't do terribly. Everyone wrote him off because we threw him to the wolves at fullback. He can run the ball and has a bit of x-factor about him. You don't want him as your first choice half, but he offers heaps more than Hodko.

We won't see Hodko in first grade again unless through injury, and thank f**k for that.

As for Watson... I'm not going to count those chickens before they hatch.

Latest posts